Saturday, June 6, 2020

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC20 - Week 23

Welcome to Week 23 of the 2020 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!!  It's a new month with a new color on which to focus our scrap quilting efforts.  As you may or may not know, Angela, our fearless leader of our Rainbow Scrap Challenge adventure called for PINK during the month of June.

I'm on it!!!

SUNDAY - This morning, I released my final H2H post for this year.  In the midday, I was furiously trying to finish up my Q.5 PQQ Challenge.  Here's a preview:



In the late afternoon, it was time to get in the PINK!!  These were the slabs constructed during last year's PINK month:


After dinner, as part of my Sewing Table Reclamation Project (Sorry! No corresponding blog post, just an ongoing effort to find the work space that has been missing for far too long.), I decided to put some of the pieces of my Sapphire Star Mystery together.  The stacks of fabric for Step 3 (4?) have waited on the table LONG ENOUGH!!  From (some of) those bits and pieces, I made this little quilt top:


MONDAY - Today was a busy day.  This morning, before the temperatures soared, I enjoyed a socially distanced (outdoor) visit with a friend.  LOOK!!!  I actually KNIT:



This afternoon, I worked on these non-PINK previously sewn HSTs, while waiting for a "signature required" package to arrive:


After dinner, I started stitching some new pairs of PINK scraps...


... And pressed them for (future) trimming:


TUESDAY - My agenda was WIDE OPEN today!  I started with these PINK bits...


And moved on to a little PINK mini quilt:



WEDNESDAY - Wonderful Wednesday post?  Nope!!  I didn't get that far on any of my projects.  But...

I chose some border options for a PINK mini quilt:


Progress was made on my Quilted Scrap Basket in PINK:


This evening, it was time to put Mr. Random to work...

DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!!!

The winner of my 1000th Post Drawing is:


It looks like I'm going to be playing with a few red scraps this month, as well. Congratulations, Cheryl!!!  Your "Bigger Boat" prize will be coming out of this basket of scraps...


...  Unless you decide you want rainbow instead and then ALL the colors get to come out to play.  :o))

THURSDAY - My ZoomBEE meeting...


... Was followed by a bunch of random sewing and after dinner Mr. Basket used some of my quilting tools to hang a picture in my studio:


He also (finally) hung the thread rack that I bought sometime last year:


Once those two jobs were done, I upcycled a pocket from a pair of blue jeans...


 ... Into a hand warmer using (the very last of the) flax seed filling:


Just to empty the bag!!!
(Even though I won't need the warmer for several months.)

FRIDAY - ZoomKNIT filled my morning hours:



... Followed by a variety of sewing tasks throughout the afternoon, beginning with a new mask for DH thanks to that easy tutorial that I used last week.  His was followed by a mask in a shade of purple for DS1, pictured below with his Dad's blue mask:


Just before dinner, I completed a mask for DS2:


After dinner, I used up the last of my crushed walnut shells for in a little project for later in the month.  Watch for the upcoming Stitching Sunshine BLOG HOP, but here's a preview:


Late in the evening, I filled the "Q" (for quilting) thread holder:


Sorry, folks!  You missed your chance.  This was one of the LAST thread holders offered by BeaQuilter.  These are no longer being produced.  Now my wall looks cheerful, like this:


Please notice there's some PINK thread up there, representing for the June Color of the Month.  :o))

SATURDAY - The weekend has arrived, and with it, a (LINK) PARTY over at Angela's (So Scrappy blog!)  Meanwhile, PINK bear is waiting for winter in order to use his hand knit throw:


Until next time...
SCRAP safely!!!

14 comments:

  1. What a post full of fun, Joy! Love all your pink and that Q thread holder is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pink blocks, and shoes too ;) I love your hand warmer, will you make a tutorial one day (or did I missed one already written?)? This Q thread holder is absolutely fabulous, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your worktable top may have run off with mine....

    But you managed to get a lot more accomplished than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to Pink Bear! Congrats on getting so much quilty knitty sewing stuff done this week! Love the pink Converse, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your knitting looks fabulous! LOVE your pink Converse. I have the K instead of the Q from Beaquilter. It's perfect for my quilt room. I like the manly masks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute thread holder. Looking forward to the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I love how busy you’re staying. And while I miss your color of the month nail polish, hehe, the pink sneakers are so cute!! I’m making a pink scrap basket this month, too, so there may be three or even four of us. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sew many fun things in your post and most of them PINK! Love the Q thread rack.... I need to move the stash over to put mine back on the shelf. It seems to have fallen off when the boy was picking fabrics for me. Love the slabs... I hope to make some later today and maybe attempt a boat tomorrow in a quiet house?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new thread holder. Love the mini quilt you did with the leftover from Sapphire Star. Enjoy another weekend of crazy sewing adventure! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bysyvweek, filled with lots of pink! Life your new thread holder, and give pink teddy a hug from my Yellow Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love your pink slabs and sapphire stars! Love the thread "Q". I missed the simpler mask tutorial link. Can you redirect?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great thread holder! And I love your pink high-tops :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading about your busy week leaves me breathless! I like the pink slabs; have fun joining them together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's no sitting around for you, is there? Unless it's in front of the sewing machine. Wow! You got quite a lot accomplished last week, including some PINK! Congratulations on your 1000th post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.