Monday, June 15, 2020

Mini Monday - The PINK Kitchen Quilt Edition

Welcome to another edition of Mini Monday!!  This week I'm here to celebrate another PINK success for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  It's the making of my latest Kitchen Quilt.

Would you like to see how it developed???  If so, read on...

I started with some small PINK scraps:


Let's not talk about what the already Swiss-cheese-like fabric scrap looks like now that this darling little fairy was cut out of it as the centerpiece of this little mini:


Piecing sections and adding on here and there to enlarge the design to fit its intended space:


Done!!  Or is it???  Let's test it out on the Gallery Wire:


It went through...


... A number of iterations...


... Before arriving...


... At a design...


... That felt right:


Next, I moved on to preparing the sandwich for quilting:


First, I stabilized and then added details:


Finally, it was quilted and ready for trimming:


Once the mini was all squared up...


... I moved on to binding options:


I was switching sides and taking another look...


... When out of left field (or the PINK scrap bag, as the case may be) came a brand new contender that made all the pieces fall into line:


One PINK Fairy Princess mini, (almost) done, but that strange gap...


... MIGHT be a bit of a problem.  Apparently, it makes a BIG different when you cut AT the mark, instead of a half-inch beyond it when cutting your binding strips to size:


Here is my freshly finished Tales of the PINK Fairy in its new home:


In case you'd like a closer (not too close or you might notice an irregularity or two) look at the mini:


This quilt measures 9.5" wide x 11" tall.  It was made from PINK bits from my scrap bags, Franken-batting from an off-cut of another quilt, and is backed with a Fat Quarter that I received in the contents of a scrap bag from a friend.  (If YOU recognize it, please let me know that it once belonged to you  - and by all means, thank you for sharing it with me.) 

Sharing with Cynthia
for

and

Also with Frederique
for
Patchwork & Quilts

Until next time...
Cooking up another Kitchen Quilt!!!

7 comments:

  1. Joy, that is so cute! I love your little fairy all in pink. Now you've got me squirreling because I have a panel of fairies that I've never known what to do with, and I might just have to go and play with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable - I think you should name her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the prettiest mini so far ... I think! Anywho! I love her! On the right side it looks like something I would have put together, haha! Great job! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That came out great! She looks happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so pretty! Beautiful mini quilt, and I love the way you hang it.
    Thank you for sharing this cute pink fairy with Patchwork & Quilts link party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet. Love your pretty little pink fairy. Nice use of your pink scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.