Saturday, October 19, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 42

Welcome to Week 42 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Angela called for scraps on the DARK side this month.

Here's how my week went...

SUNDAY - I made a quick gift yesterday.  It was well received.  All of my RSC friends should notice both gifter and giftee are dressed in BLACK and BROWN for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:

MONDAY - This morning, I released a new edition of Mail Call Monday.

TUESDAY - Today, you will find another NEW POST here on the blog.  This evening was Girls Night Out.  Only three of us were able to make it this month, but there's nothing wrong with a small gathering of friends.

WEDNESDAY - This afternoon, I released a new Wonderful Wednesday post.  I also enjoyed a (long overdue) hair cut!!

THURSDAY - The weather in North Carolina has turned cool.  With the weather change, my thoughts turn to new shoes!  As such, I realized that what I really needed was new tires for my car.  The Junior Quilter and I saw something BROWN as we waited:

This little girl LOVES trucks!!  It wasn't surprising to find that she was mesmerized by the dumpster being loaded onto the back of it's hauler and actually stopped in her tracks to observe the entire process.  The driver noticed that we were watching and was kind enough to toot the horn for her on his way out.  :o))

FRIDAY - It was SEW busy!!!  You'll hear more about the specific events in a couple of next week's posts.  For now, here is the beginning of a Donation Quilt that I have been working on for the last as I began lying the blocks out on the design floor at October's Friday Night Sew-In:

SATURDAY - On today's agenda, a trip to the Pineapple SALE:

I was on a mission to find fabric for my niece's wedding quilt:

The goal is a blue and green quilt with a Shenandoah Mountain/Modern vibe.  She wants floral/natural patterns that have good flow and geometric patterns to add pop.  Bold, solid colored fabrics mixed in with a few fabrics found online.  Ugh!!  If it's found online... apparently... it will NOT be found in the SALE.  :o((

Don't forget to head over to Angela's LINK PARTY.  She's the host for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  It's one of my favorite quilt parties on the web.

Until next time...

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Wonderful Wednesday and the Asheville Quilt Show


Yet ANOTHER photo-heavy post.

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  Today, I'm here to share some of my favorite quilts from the Asheville Quilt Show.  If you want to see MORE of the quilts, a CD of show photos is available from the Asheville Quilt Guild through December 31, 2019.

Friends from the Mountain House Quilt Retreat set aside time to attend the Ashville Quilt Show at the WNC Agricultural Center:

Front and center, friends inspect the quilts in the Winner's Circle...

... While I veer off to check out the Opportunity Quilt:

Imagine our delight at seeing local-to-us quilter, Suzanne DeSarres, had won Outstanding Machine Workmanship:

For her work on this lovely client quilt:

Next, we enjoyed looking at the Silent Auction quilts:

I continued taking photos and shopping my way around the Show...

Simply stunning hand dyes @ Fabrilish:

MORE gorgeous quilts...

Impacted by my recent Playful Portraiture class with Lyric Kinard, the quilt shown below was the most intriguing quilt in the show:

Mid-way through the show, we ran into our fellow retreat-ers...

... And enjoyed the rest of the quilts...

... With a side of shopping...

Another retreat-er spotted doing some shopping:

One of the sisters at The Quilter's Gallery was kind enough to get a photo of Kirsten with me in the photo:

A little more shopping...

... Along with the coolest laptop skin EVER, which the ladies at Schoolhouse Quilts allowed me to photograph:

Followed by a tour of the final bit of the Show...

After enjoying the show, it was time to head back to the retreat house for an afternoon of quilting on the mountain:

Until next time...
Visit quilt shows!!!