Friday, February 23, 2024

February 2024 - TABLE SCRAPS Challenge - Link Party

Welcome to the February 2024 edition of the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge here at the Joyful Quilter!!  I'll start with a little backstory, in case you are new here.  (Apologies to my regular readers since you already know all about it.) I'm a scrap quilter who had been setting up individual challenges for several years in conjunction with Angela's (RSC) Rainbow Scrap Challenge @ So Scrappy.  Participants from around the corner, across the country and around the world have been having SEW much fun and we all have MORE scraps to use, so I am pleased to offer the...


In 2024, we have a broad range of quilted items that are appropriate for linking to the Challenge.  Baskets and bins, along with pillows and pin cushions, are all qualifying projects.  Not just the toppers, runners, and mug rugs.  Basically, ANY small quilted item qualifies.  The main premise is that you USE the (new or old) SCRAPS from your cutting table (or your friend's cutting table - since that's where the majority of my scraps come from!)

There will be a prompt each month to help get your creative juices flowing.  While you are NOT required to use it in your project, the guiding word will be revealed at the end of each month's LINK PARTY post.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the following month's focus.  It, along with the RSC Color of the Month (as soon as Angela releases it - around the 1st of the month.) will also be added to the 2024 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge page at the top of the blog.

February's theme was...

HEARTS

Here's where I went with that in mind...

The Color of the Month was RED so I brought out that basket to see what I could find:


I found only a single strip of sparkly hearts:


Then the search was on for something to go with those hearts...

While rummaging around in a scrap bag from my friend Dee Dee, I discovered a few pre-pieced strips that will work for the RED portion of the challenge.  All I had to do was join them into pairs of rows to balance out my design:


In no time at all...

The top was complete:


You KNOW that I like making small quilts, right???  :P

After selecting a backing fabric that works, I layered it with a scrap of batting.  A few pins and my entry was ready for quilting:


Drum roll please...

I am SEW pleased to present my completed entry for the February 2024 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge:


At 6" x 9", it will work perfectly as a gallery wire mini.

And...

It was fun to find a use for the 4.5" strip of this large polka dot print:


What's next, Joyful???

At posting time, the new month is still a week away.  While we may have to wait to discover the Color of the Month, I will reveal that...

3/1/24 - Update:

PURPLE!!!

March's theme is:

BIRDS

Angela's chosen Color of the Month will be updated here and on the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge tab located at the top of the page once it's been announced.

And now...

It's time for YOU to link up your RED and/or HEART project in the LINK PARTY below.  All entries MUST be submitted by Wednesday, March 6th @ 11:59PM (EST).  Extra time has been allowed since the last Friday of February was SEW early!



Until next time...
USE those table scraps!!!
#tablescrapschallenge2024

Whooping it Up with Sarah
@

9 comments:

  1. It will look great on your newly arranged wire gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like DeeDee's scrap bag gift was full of inspiration for your February mini, Joy! I love that strip of hearts and the backing, too. Fun finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only been lurking but with the theme of birds, I may have to play along this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reds are so much fun to sew with, especially when there's a heart or two mixed in! Your mini is very sweet and will look great hanging on a wire! Thanks for the reminder to link up, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great entry! I just got mine done in the nick of time. I wonder what color March will be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this sweet mini and the fun use of a feature fabric, some pieced strips and a party on the back polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having fun making these monthly mug rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyful, what a wonderful little mini! I also love that back :-) Thanks for the party. See you next month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.