Saturday, February 10, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 6

Welcome to Week 6 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, I have a number of artsy activities on the agenda.  Will I get any sewing done?  Your guess is as good as mine.

Let's take a look...

SUNDAY - The day started with art making. It's great fun to hangout with my Get Messy friends, but I keep forgetting to take a photo and can't recall what I worked on by the time I write my post.

After lunch, I was busy chatting with Knittingsuek when the prompt for PQ15.3 was released.  Surprisingly, after we were done, I read all the specifics, got my post started AND got to work on my project.  An hour or so later, my entry was finished, my post was released and I was FIRST to join the Link Party!!  :o))

As I prepared that post, I realized I had neglected to take a photo during our  Zoom call.  :o((

MONDAY - Work

Beforehand, I put the finishing touches on this journal page:


I left work early for a regularly scheduled dental appointment.  This was my first appointment since the new dentist took over the practice.  It turns out the new guy looks like a college kid and is only a year or two older than DS1.  I left the office feeling VERY old!

After dinner, I added the first spread to my new Altered Book Journal.  I'm participating in The Simplest Things Challenge with Amy Maricle this week.  Day 1's prompt was How many lines.  I included paint lines, marker lines, ink lines and a line of clothing tags from last week shopping spree for a few new pairs of smaller blue jeans:


TUESDAY - Work

I am enjoying the RED mug rug that my friend Diane included in one of her fabulous scrap bags some time back:


The journal spread below was in response to Day 2's Mark of your brush prompt for The Simplest Things Challenge.  I thoroughly enjoyed this one:


WEDNESDAY - This week I'm having a mid-week weekend.  Today was a very busy day filled with an appointment, lunch with my friend Hilary, grocery shopping and...

My weekly Zoom call with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


After dinner, I head back to the studio for the Zine in 60 Minutes hangout with my Get Messy friends.  I made this one-page "zine" during the session...


And stayed to chat with Britt for a few minutes afterwards:

Don't mind the odd angle!  I opted to stand at the art end of my cutting table tonight
(as opposed to sitting at the tiny space beside my sewing machine) since I chose to use a large sheet of mixed media paper to work on for my project.

THURSDAY - Weekly Quilt Bee?  Yes, I attended for the first time this year!  :o))

Photo credit: Maggie S. 

We were at Candy's house and I left with a gift...


Lunch was followed by a trip to The Scrap Exchange - more on that in another post:


I will say this much, I stayed WAY longer than anticipated and missed this afternoon's Prompt Card hangout on Get Messy.  Whoops!

Hey, Joyful, what was in that bag from Candy???

I'm pretty sure you ALL know that the gifted bag held fabric SCRAPS:


FRIDAY - Work, but first...

I was able to meet with my Knit Group before going in.  Did I remember to check that I pressed the button for a photo this week???  No.  I didn't!!!  (Actually, I was so busy knitting that I didn't remember to take a photo at all.  Sorry, Linda!)

Dinner and another Get Messy art hangout put a fabulous finish on my 3-day work week.  There were no planned activities so I added a colorful collage to my Hangout Journal - which I also use for smearing leftover paint at the end of art sessions:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  You go on ahead and I'll catch up later.

Why?  Because...

I had an art workshop this morning.  I created the following 4-page spread during (and after) the workshop:

Page 1 and 2 with a "window" through to Page 4 are shown above.

The left-hand Page 3 with a "window" back to Page 1 and Page 4 on the right.

An afternoon "Nesting Session" for The Roben's Nest art membership kept me busy in the studio until I realized that it was time to make dinner.  Whoops!

Guess what!!!

During dinner, I had an idea for my February entry for the 2024 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge

What's a quilter to do?

I'll tell you what this one did... She went right back upstairs after dinner to sew some RED fabric scraps!  It's not done, but I am SEW pleased to have made a start on it.  :o))

Have YOU given a thought to your RED and/or Heart project?  If not, there's plenty of time for you to jump into the challenge.  The Link Party opens on the LAST Friday of the month.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

My apologies for the scheduling error resulting in a delayed release of this post.  Better late than never!

8 comments:

  1. A good week for you with some art-ing, some sewing, some playing with friends! No progress on RSCC this week except to touch a few of my green scraps - where does the time go??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal pages this week are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy bee, Joy. I love seeing your journal pages. Have you watched Janet Nash on Youtube? She creates journals and also works with scraps of fabric. I have been working on my travel journal- not as pretty as your pages, but oh so relaxing. Enjoy your week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy week! Your art journal pages for the Simplest Things Challenge are so pretty. Looking forward to seeing your Table Scraps project idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun projects - I have a junk journal
    hiding somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same experience; my doctor is my son's age! We are getting older and we better get use to it because it won't go away! Lol. I'm surprised you forgot to take pictures. You! You, of all people! Oh, well. It must have been a tough week. I hope you had a chance to enjoy the weekend. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad inspiration hit for the challenge entry! I need to finish mine up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.