Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Wonderful Wednesday - Quilt Con 2024 - Raleigh, NC

WARNING:  PHOTO HEAVY POST!!!

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  I'm here to share last week's excursion to Quilt Con 2024.  My friends and I felt like we had won the lottery when the host city was announced last year.  We were SEW excited that Quilt Con was coming to Raleigh, NC... Basically, right in our backyard, the event was only an hour from home.

If you follow me on Instagram or if you saw last week's RSC post, you might have seen the first portion of this post...

Here we are, Knittingsuek and me, near the front of the line and ready to head into the venue:


One of the day's highlights was our "Fan Girl" moment when wandering through the "Large Quilt" category.  Karen Brown @ Just Get It Done Quilts was kind enough to take a selfie with us:


What I didn't share there was a selection of quilt photos from that I took at the show...

Note:  The photos are followed by the signage for each quilt:


















































































Here is an over view of the show from the balcony...

The bulk of the quilts:


The special exhibit which I completely missed:


The BIG winners with a view of the vendor booths beyond:


Thanks for dragging me along to the show, Sue!!  I had a wonderful day.  For those of you who missed the news...

I bought NOTHING!!!

However, I did bring home one memento of the day...

This beautiful Salt Cellar Pincushion from Lesley @ Storts Market:


Thank you for your generous gift, Lesley!

Until next time...
A day out with a friend is a thing of beauty!!!

7 comments:

  1. That special pin cushion is a real keepsake. I'm a Karen Brown fan too...How neat to meet her. THank you for sharing that array of special quilts. SO much to take in! It must have been such a feast for the eyes in person there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm speechless! What a fun day that had to have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to look at!!!! My fav: Night Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. What FUN!!! Thanks for the photos. Glad you enjoyed the day (it would have been hard not to!) ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognized the coffee and cookie one - the artist lives in my town. How cool to see it there.

    Thanks so much for sharing all these photos! Some amazing quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I missed the AQS in Daytona this year-thanks for the quilt show! I liked Leafy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos and it looks like such a great time. I do love that pin cushion! Going to look at her site now, not that I need one...but marking in case something comes up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.