Saturday, February 17, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 7

Welcome to Week 7 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, was a mixed bag of life, love, art, and sewing.  How much sewing remains to be seen.

Read on to see how my week progressed...

SUNDAY - ProjectQUILTING was due today.

Wonder of wonders, I submitted my entry LAST WEEK!!

Easy Like Sunday Morning hangout with my Get Messy friends produced the following  from the Prompt Card Club hangout that I missed last week.  Thanks to Britt for sending me the list so that I could work through the steps...

1. Add background color
2. Add pattern with paint marker (flowers)
3. Scribble words (in white behind flower stems)
4. Add Add 3 drops of color and smear it with a credit card (sky)
5. Add contrast with black or white (clouds)
6. Add text (accidentally skipped this step)
7. Add coffee (coffee colored paint for tree branch)
8. Add a focal point (string of leaves on tree branch)

Here's the resulting spread that I came up with in my altered book journal:


After lunch, I enjoyed my weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek:


MONDAY - Mail Call Monday didn't happen, but look for a post next week.  I will TRY to get one put together for you.

Work and a few YouTube videos.  The best was this Potato Chip block upsized into a quick quilt on Sew Yeah:


TUESDAY - Work

Oh!  I changed over the Gallery Wire last weekend.  Here it is all decked out in RED:


WEDNESDAY - Happy Valentine's Day, my LOVE-ly readers!!


This week I'm having a mid-week weekend.  I'm off today AND tomorrow!  On today's agenda, my hairdresser had an opening in her schedule.  (Thanks, Jackie!)  I went in for a LONG overdue haircut:


I got home in time for an earlier Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


Since we started early, we finished up our Zoom call in time for me to make a special dinner for my guys.  Here I am, laughing hysterically at trying to capture a photo of the balloon, the flowers, AND my spouse... Failing miserably:


**  Make sure to visit today's The Guest Blogger(s) post!!

THURSDAY - Today was so busy that it could use it's own post.  Maybe by NEXT week I'll have it written!

Weekly Quilt Bee?  Maybe???  YES!!!  Two weeks in a row.  :o))

Thank you to Deborah for giving me some special fabric scraps to make a replacement mini quilt for a friend, more on that once it's done...


AND my phone camera captured this group photo just before we went out separate ways:


What happened next, Joyful???

First, I took myself on an Artist Date...


Then, I took myself out to lunch at Alpaca Chicken and was so focused on getting the beast in the photo that I forgot to smile AND cut half my face out of the photo...


Finally, I made my way home for the Winging It hangout on Get Messy.  I don't get to attend often, but the stars aligned today and I played with hearts cut from the Artist Almanac:


FRIDAY - Knit Group before work today??? Nope!  I had really hoped to be able to make another visit, but...

I was up half the night AGAIN.  I know, I know...  I really DO have to call the doctor!  :o((

Art-ing happened after dinner this evening.  My weekly hangout provided time to revisit yesterday's Artist Date and make another page based in my current altered book journal.  It's based on a directional sign leading to the cafe and the tile work on the coffee counter at Caffe Driade, the charming new coffee shop/wine bar in Chapel Hill, NC:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I think I managed to visit everyone last week.  My apologies, if I didn't leave a comment.  Also apologies for my being late to the party last week.

I'm working on finishing up my February 2024 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entry.  The Link Party starts next Friday so I figured I better get busy!  Here's a peek at my RED scrap sewing for the week:


I had an art class with @claudette_hasenjager for Claudette and The Season of the Journal this afternoon.  She always has such interesting ideas... like the Artist Date earlier in the week.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun and busy week! Love the peek at your gallery wall, and those pretty red minis. I've been working on my Table Scraps project, too! It just needs binding now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute haircut. Having a couple of days off in the middle of the week always seemed like a real gift when I was still working full time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a moment to just be and breathe …

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do. That's what most of my art time is for me. I sit at my art desk or stand at the art table and playing with paint and paper begins to lower my heart rate almost immediately. It's such an interesting phenomenon. A very zen-like practice.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.