Tuesday, February 27, 2024

The 100 Day Project - #100Days100ThingsDecluttered - Week 1

Welcome to #100Days100ThingsDecluttered, a new mini-series here on The Joyful Quilter!!  I started The 100 Day Project last week.  I'm still shocked that I finally committed to it.  It's particularly popular on Instagram.  I have been hesitant to participate before now.  I'll be releasing weekly updates on Tidy Up Tuesday for those of you who might be interested in seeing what goes out the door.

What did you say your project was, again, Joyful???

I signed up with a different idea in mind than most.  You can read about it HERE.  That link will tell you all about my project.

The gist of my focus...

Decluttering my home and studio in an effort to free up space for MORE creativity.

Here's my progress for Week One:

2 product packages (that I saved for some unknown reason)
1 tote bag
3 pr jeans (too saggy for my now thinner frame and not suitable for a shaggy denim quilt)
3 cardboard boxes sitting around the house for weeks and weeks (They become invisible after just a few days!)
1 yard of Valentine fabric (unused, even though I have made 3 V-day projects in the last few years.)
5 pens
1 decorative tin

Total: 16/100


Thank you to those of you who encouraged me in my decluttering efforts last week!  I appreciate your kind comments and your willingness to cheer me along.  Chantal @ At the Corner of Scraps and Quilts even joined in with some decluttering of her own.  Come back next week to see what goes in the box during the next 7 days.

@dothe100dayproject
#The100DayProject
#DoThe100DayProject
#100Days100Things_TheDeclutterEdition
#100Days100ThingsDecluttered
#filltheboxjoy

You can follow me on Instagram @thejoyfulquilter.

Until next time...
Do the 100 Day Project!!!

9 comments:

  1. You're on the right path, Joy, and doing good progress. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start on the decluttering! It's definitely something that I need to do, but find so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiltdivajulie - I totally LOVE this approach to the 100 Day Project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop it Joy, you're inspiring me! :) Great progress so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! You've made a great start and are on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will accomplish so much in 100 days! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder this hasn't been working for me I've been trying to do this for 3 yrs "overnight"🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! I am knee deep in it at the apartment. Checking in with bee buddies tomorrow to see if anyone wants anything.....fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.