Sunday, February 18, 2024

The 100 Day Project - #100Days100ThingsDecluttered - An Introduction

Welcome to a new mini-series here on The Joyful Quilter!!  I'm starting The 100 Day Project today.  There!  I've committed.  Have you heard of it?  It's particularly popular on Instagram.  I have been hesitant to participate before now.

Why Joyful???

It is intended to encourage artistic growth, but while I would LOVE to do 100 days of art, there's really nothing that I want to create 100 of in the next 100 days.  Perhaps, if I change the project to fit my needs, I could do this.

Lighten the load!!!

I'm changing the scope of my project to 100 Items Decluttered in 100 Days. My home and studio NEED this project!  The house isn't awful, but could benefit from having fewer things in it.  The studio, on the other hand, is a complete HOT MESS!!

Here's the plan...

The decluttering hasn't been going well up to this point.  I could use some extra motivation.  I believe The 100 Day Project will provide that.  Surely, joining an international accountability project might be just the incentive I need to focus on decluttering.

NOTE:  I am NOT committing to decluttering an item EVERY day!  I find that I often tend to do better in batches.  Some days I just can't cope with decluttering at all.  If I happen to declutter 100 items in 50 days, so much the better!  I plan to continue removing layers of stuff for the entire length of The 100 Day Project.



@dothe100dayproject
#The100DayProject
#DoThe100DayProject
#100Days100Things_TheDeclutterEdition
#100Days100ThingsDecluttered
#filltheboxjoy

Follow me on Instagram @thejoyfulquilter.

Until next time...
Wish me luck!!

9 comments:

  1. Sewing room is a hot mess? What do you mean? I don't compute, lollll. I want to declutter too. When do we start? Does putting away flannel and giving some away to second hand store count? I did that this morning and I am proud of the gained space. Yes for more space! I now feel invincible! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your project plans for the decluttering goes well! Try tackling it by geography--start either high or low and work forward OR try in one corner and move toward the opposite! Change it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! I'm kind of doing the same thing in my basement. I'm cleaning out - organizing, giving away, and tossing things. I try to work for a little while most days. It's amazing what I've accomplished. I'm hoping it doesn't take 100 days but if it does, it does! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sewing room is a double hot mess. I haven't done well with decluttering either. What ever you gain will be wonderful. Let us know how it goes. I'm currently working on a big stack of magazines and paperwork. . .a little at a time!!! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! You've set a goal for yourself, and it sounds like you need that to declutter. Gosh, at our Central Florida MQG meeting, we had a whole program on "100-days" or "40 days" or whatever number one chose. In any case, it can be a great motivation for some people - you too, apparently. On the other hand, it's not a good fit for me. I respond to "must dos" with anxiety and a heavy sense of obligation, and that just doesn't work for me. I'm better off simply saying, "I'm going to do XXX" and then do it. Because I know you want to get your room under control, I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luck!!!! You can do it and you can do it your way - LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm joining! If ever a quilter needed to declutter, it is I. Day one of decluttering starts now. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic idea, did it over the span of 18 months in 2006/7 for a house we lived in. It was one shelf or a tray at a time. Emotional and personal things was placed in a Rubbermaid box for after the declutter process. Good luck with your project. You will feel so much lighter and invigorated when you are done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.