Saturday, February 24, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC 24 - Week 8

Welcome to Week 8 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week is a moderately busy one.  There are regularly scheduled events on the calendar, as well as a special event.  I'm hoping there's still time for quilting and art-ing, too.

Continue reading to see how things went...

SUNDAY - The day began with my Weekly Morning Art Zoom where I enjoyed our monthly game of Roll the Dice with the following prompts - Markers, Florals, Fabric, Write it, and Unique attachment (pin, stitch, staple, etc.) - and made the following page:


After lunch, it was time for my Weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek:


MONDAY - Work...

Was preceded by a coffee date with my friend Tracy.  I was REALLY LATE, but she was very gracious with her forgiveness.  Here we are leaving for our respective work day:


After work I took a trip to Chapel Hill for my monthly Quilt Guild meeting.  Tonight was the reveal of the 2024 Guild Challenge.  I am the Challenge Chair.  We are in a Quilt Show year, so the Silent Auction Committee asked that I keep their event in mind when issuing the challenge.

I thought long and hard about a theme.  I wanted something that would appeal to the masses. The Birds, Bees, Flowers, and Trees + Butterflies Challenge that I presented was well received, yet not a single person signed up this evening.  I was a bit sad, but in my defense, there was a HUGE fabric sale going on at the meeting!  Hopefully, next month's meeting will open the flood gates for sign-ups.

TUESDAY - Work

I was greeting by this sign when I arrived home so things are moving forward on the new neighborhood next door:


WEDNESDAY - Work

Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


Some art for the More Than Zero class released on Monday from Caylee Gray, Fairy Art Mother of Get Messy:


THURSDAY - QUILT CON!!!  Knittingsuek and I made the trip to Raleigh for the event:


We ran into members of the Weekly Quilt Bee in attendance...



Met a new friend...


Enjoyed a "Fan Girl" moment...


And met up with Stacy before we left for home:


The event was exhausting and exhilarating at the same time.



Here's a preview:


Before work, I attended Knit Group AND remembered to take a photo:


After dinner, I worked on "swatching" some new-to-me stencils (Thanks, Julie!) during tonight's Weekly Evening Art Zoom:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I shared a glimpse of what I worked on in yesterday's entry.  Visit the accompanying link to see the other side.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

6 comments:

  1. Busy bee, as for the field trip can definitely enjoy the outing. We always come back inspired and ready to start so many new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy but fun week you had! Those look like nice size lots next to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt event looks like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. quilt con, what fun!!! good job getting all your challenges done
    L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had a busy and fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had fun at QuiltCon and got some quilty inspiration! Looks like you still had some art time and get togethers with your crafty friends, too. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.