Thursday, June 11, 2020

Quarantine Chronicles - Corona Style - Week 12

Welcome to another edition of Quarantine Chronicles!!  This post is my response to the ongoing global pandemic.  It's my record of staying Safe-at-Home.  We're nearing the middle of June. The country is stepping its way back to a new normal and the number of confirmed cases are on the rise.


Corona-cation.  Week Twelve.

This series began on as Thursday, March 19th.  Time is moving so quickly, even though each day seems as long as two!  Thanks for staying with me to see how the weeks are unfolding.

On Day SEVENTY, Wednesday, May 27th...

I released the last Quarantine Chronicles post.  That was 2 weeks ago and I'm still staying home for the most part.  Any errands consist of socially distanced visits with friends.  These typically take place outdoors (and still with a mask on.)

On Day EIGHTY-FOUR, Wednesday, June 10th...

My weekly Knit Group and Quilt Bee continue to meet via Zoom.

I am still perfectly OK with this.  For the most part.  I do have moments when I really WISH things were as they once were.  Before this global pandemic.  Happy and carefree.  Alas, that is NOT where we are in our history.

COVID-19 Update...

Our county has put in place MANDATORY face mask order.  The mandate includes indoor (specifically in stores) and outdoor situations when maintaining 6 feet of distance cannot be kept.  The requirement goes into effect on Friday at 5 PM and will run through August 31st.

The local, state, and national statistics?

Orange County has 388 confirmed cases.  252 recovered and 40 deaths.
North Carolina is currently at 30,777 confirmed cases with 18,860 of those recovering.  There have been 969 deaths related to COVID-19 in the state. The United States now has 2 million confirmed cases and nearly 113,000 people have died from the virus.


SEW...

There you have it.  I've survived another couple of weeks of this corona craziness!  The end of 12 weeks of staying home!!!  That's not likely to change anytime soon.  Even though we are firmly entrenched in Phase Two of re-opening the state, I don't feel safe out in public.  I'll be back with another update when there is more news to record.

Until next time...
Stay well and keep QUILTING!!!

8 comments:

  1. 12 weeks! Wow.... It both does and does not feel like that long! We had 1700 new cases yesterday in all of Florida. Our county is just shy of 300 with 8 deaths. We ventured out today (kids and I) to an outdoor park. No masks, but we did social distance as there was no one at the first place and very few at the second. Wondering if 'normal' will ever happen again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Deb A in Fl but live mid east coast--our county is up to 502 cases with 22 new ones yesterday on Saturday we only had 450 cases!! You have to remember that 2 weeks ago we had a space shuttle go up and there were huge huge crowds here--and maybe one mask for every 50 person who attended and people where shoulder to shoulder--so I knew we would climb--Fl has been steady climbing since day 1--!!! so I wear a mask-in fact I made myself 2 thicker ones to wear when I have to go grocery shopping--which I did today--but was surprised to see that nearly everyone had a mask on the Publix where I went and all sales and store employees had them on today--here in the Senior apt complex we are suppose to be wearing them when we leave the apt which I do--but it is so (not) funny to see some of them--they have them on--but pulled down to their chins and consider that as wearing a mask!!!! so I am still very much limiting when I go out--though tomorrow I do plan to go down the street with some things for a Humane thrift store--not sure I will do any shopping though we will see what the situation is with masks first!!!
    so--stay safe--sure wished Fl would make it Mandatory to wear them!!
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish FL would make masks mandatory also! I have a daughter, granddaughter and husband and 2 small great grandchildren that moved to Florida the end of February. Bad timing....but so far they are doing ok!

      Delete
  3. Hard to believe it has been 12 weeks of this! We are wearing masks everywhere we go here in our county, which has a mandatory mask requirement, but are noticing more and more people without them. But Zoom is a good thing to come out of this - my quilt group met over Zoom just this afternoon, and it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too continue to stay at home mostly. We shop for groceries, using curbside pick up. Occasionally I will go to a small neighborhood market, but with a mask! I live in Wyoming. Population is small, our cases are small, but have been on the rise lately, when everyone started going out again and restaurants and stores, Rec centers and salons opened up! Most people think I am silly and an alarmist...but I am over 70 and a cancer survivor....so I’ll continue to be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are very slowly opening Illinois with 129,837 cases, 6095 deaths, and 117,536 recoveries. A lot of people think a recovery means the person is just as healthy as before but we are seeing that many aren't. We live in a rural area but still have cases in the county. Mostly we stay home and we wear masks whenever we go anywhere. Our Governor is following science which causes a lot of friction politically in this state. I don't care about the politics, I also want to follow the science (that's not saying I'm a big fan of the governor, just that I appreciate the way he is handling some things related to the virus). We'll continue being careful. On Saturday we get to spend some time with one of our sons and his family. It's been months and they live less than an hour away. I can't wait! ~Jeanne


    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish Oklahoma would make masks mandatory, sadly most people out and about don't wear masks, especially in our county which has the 4th highest number of cases in the state. Thankfully, work requires them. So we go to work, try to hit the grocery store early when it's mainly the older crowd who do wear masks and that's about it. We did out last weekend, but it was a place that typically has a very light lunch crowd, has plenty of space and the servers were wearing masks. That felt very daring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No meeting in real life in France either, even if the lockdown is over. Still masks on the face, but as Kate noticed too, people start to forget about it. Take care, and stay safe. And quilt ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.