Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Tidy Up Tuesday - Stitching Sunshine - My STOP on the Hop

Welcome to another edition of Up Tuesday!!  Anybody up for a bit of quilty fun?!  Visit the Stitching Up Sunshine Blog Hop with Carla @ Creatin' In The Sticks.  Even though I've got a TON of projects to work on, I couldn't resist signing up for this Blog Hop.  It runs from June 22 - June 25, 2020.  You won't want to miss a single post.

TODAY is my STOP on the Hop! This post has been in the works since the day I signed up.  Read through to the end then head off to visit the other stops on the Hop.  The following is a list of ALL the participating bloggers:


After signing up for the Blog Hop, I finished up the extra "Z" that I would need to round out the leftovers from my niece's baby quilt.  It WAS yellow, after all:


The top of Cotton, Baby! is now complete.  Baby arrived last week and his quilt will be next to be loaded on the longarm:


Carpe Nap pattern from Hunter's Design Studio

The "Zzz..." Pillow to go with it?  Not SEW much:


I decided that there were other more pressing projects to attend to first.  Kelli @ Seriously...I think it needs Stitches has bunch of cute patterns!  The one shown above is from her collection of National (fill in the blank) Day series, being added to daily thru the end of March this year.  We all know things got a little crazy about then.

More SUNNY yellow projects to share for the Hop...

Here is the baggie of pieces and parts leftover from a scrap bag that my friend Margaret gave me some time last year:




I made this YELLOW Quilted Scrap Basket for myself...




... And gifted one small quilted pin cushion at her Mountain House Quilt Retreat last September:




The golden glow off the lake was SEW relaxing:





And still other projects to MAKE for the Hop...

The evening after Carla confirmed my participation in the Hop, I quilted the two pieced panels from the baggie shown moments ago...



One with straight lines...



... And the other with arcs:


ONE quilted YELLOW Mug Rug complete...



...  And another also for gifting later this year.  Notice the Yellow Iris in each photo, too:



Will there be a Prize Drawing, Joyful???


You bet!!  If you've visited any of my Blog Hop posts in the past, you might have come to expect a little Giveaway each time I participate.  SEW...  I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone.  Read on to find out more.

This time, ONE of my Pin Cushions might be available for YOU!!

I started with an off-cut from my friend Maggie's Bargello project...


... And created TWO small pin cushion projects.  Here is the unstuffed Brick...


... Along with the unstuffed Stick:


All that remains is filling them and closing up the gap...

I'm saving that for another day.  One that is a bit closer to the giveaway date.  :P

Weeks went by and "another day" finally arrived...


Two layers of stitching closed the gap:


This photo below show the Stick's intended use:



Make sure to leave a COMMENT with the word BRICK or STICK to let me know which gift you would like to win.  If you REALLY want to win...  Please make sure to INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL address, if you are a No Reply blogger.  Thanks!

ONE lucky winner will be selected by Mr. Random on Tuesday, June 30th @ 9 PM.

Drawing now CLOSED!!!

Thank you to Carla for hosting the Stitching Sunshine Blog Hop!  It brought a lot of cheer to my studio during a particularly dark time.  Be sure to check out today's other posts (as well as the ones remaining for the week.)  I'm sure it will be interesting to see the variety of projects created for the Hop.  I, for one, am looking forward to seeing how everyone chose to interpret the theme.

Sharing with Kelly
for 

Until next time...
SEW a little sunshine!!!

38 comments:

  1. Lots of sunny and fun projects. Could you tell us more about the Sunny quilt in the background. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the stick type of pincushion. That would be handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great collection of sunshine-y projects! Thanks for sharing them all with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- you have really used up the yellow scraps -- I would love the stick pin cushion -- what do you put in your pin cushions??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some sunny projects! That stick is very clever but I like all your pincushions and projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun ZZZZ quilt. And so many bright and cheery "Yellow" projects. Stick pinny's are the best for velcro-ing to your sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your sunshiny projects. Stick cushions are a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Joy - What a bright fun little mug rug you made. Always nice to have a way of using up those scraps. Your pin cushions look fun too. What a cute idea to make a brick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute nap quilt! Thanks for sharing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You've been stitching sunshine all over the place! So many projects, and all of them great! Your quilting is beautiful! Love your brick pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been buzy. My favorite is that scrap basket. I love that stick pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loveing all of your sunny projects. I'm pretty much a brick type quilter. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a ton of sunshine in this post! Lovely!
    Thanks for sharing all your different projects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you...sewing some sunshine is such a wonderful summer project. You've been a busy quilter. Hope you're having a sunshiny day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All such wonderful yellow projects. You really have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great quilt and hopeful sleep inducing for the new baby! I love the stick - I have a place I think it would work perfectly. Now to get back to my project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of lovely Sunshine projects happening there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those sunny yellow mug rugs! I think the stick is a fun pincushion shape!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your sunny project. The stick pincushion makes so much sense. I never have enough places to put pins, despite my attempts to rein them in.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow lots of bright sunny projects. The baby quilt is awesome. I like the brick pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute quilt and I like your other yellow projects. The STICK pin cushion is a unique shape.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many bright and sunny projects. They all make me smile. Thank you for hopping with us! Love the stick pincushion. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like most yellows, so I am delighted to follow this hop. I opt for the BRICK should I be so lucky. swalker287 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many fun projects! thanks for sharing the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all the brightness and sunshine in this post! Cute, cute, Z quilt that looks ready to be snuggled in. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A+ for sunshine. Great pin cushions. Like the stick style. Darlene dhoctor@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. So many fun ideas in this challenge. That quilt is absolutely darling. I have one of those stick shaped pincushions on my sewing machine and use it all the time. It is such a practical shape.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh no! A yellow scrap basket! Well now I really hope the next RSC color is yellow! *giggle*......I need the “stick” pincushion. I love “pinnies ”!
    I’m pretty fond of the Nap baby quilt too! Is it a pattern or did you freelance it?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't understand the stick so I pick BRICK! Love the Carpe Nap quilt! Adorable. The saying goes for Mama too! *wink*

    susiefloozie33 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. All that sunny yellow is so incredibly happy. It's like a balm for my soul! Love your scrap basket (of course) and the baby quilt. Carpe nap, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a sunny yellow post! Just curious, what do you fill your pin cushions with? Ok, off to weed the front bed before it is too drippy hot out (97 today with feels like 105+!).

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just love that Carpe Nap quilt! Perfect for baby, but appropriate for professional nappers (like my husband, LOL). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I loved all your projects, but especially the basket. It looks quite large.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You definitely had a lot of sunny yellow stitching in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  35. On one of my visits to my daughter I made a bunch of pincushions in different styles. The one we found ourselves reaching for the most was the 'stick' style - which we called the log. I gave her that one, so I need another!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Almost too late to this party -- but not quite. I'll go for STICK.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.