Friday, June 12, 2020

Design Floor Friday - Gallery Wire {{PINK}} Edition

Welcome to another edition of Design Floor Friday!!  I've been busy with my PINK scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I've got several projects in the works.  Today I'm showcasing the Gallery Wire Mini.  Obviously, in PINK.  :o))

Last week I dug out this little mini.  It had been stuffed in a scrap bag.  For a year or more!  I think it is high time for me to turn it into something other than an Orphan Block.

Last week...

I went about sorting through my PINK scraps and stash to choose some potential borders to go with the sweet spotted fabric in the HSTs:


Once my selections were made, I played with the order of things:


Then added the white stop border and auditioned the outer border:


It was a toss up, depending on the lighting:


This week...

I attached the outer border:


Squared up the quilt:


And made some Franken-Batting for the mini:


Yesterday...

I quilted the center of the mini:


And found it necessary to "phone a friend" for a design consult:


After texting back and forth with Needlb (Thanks, B!), I went on to add the final quilting stitches and trim the mini, but didn't get a photo.

Today...

Binding was cut, applied, and sewn down.

Here is the completed quilt in its new home:


Sharing with Alycia
for

and

Whooping it up
with

Until next time...
SEW pretty (in PINK!!)

10 comments:

  1. Well that fermented beautifully! Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That came out great! Still giggling at the Franken batting.... and the 'phone a friend' option on the game show of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute, Joy! I didn't realize how small it was until the photo with your hand. Tiny hsts are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say it turned out just peachy, but that's not right! It turned out just pinky :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mini quilts! This is so cute. My mom dug out her pink fabrics this weekend to make a baby quilt. Some of those fabrics were as old as the baby’s parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute!! that polka dot fabric is awesome!!! and go you for a great finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.