Saturday, June 27, 2020

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC20 - Week 26

Welcome to Week 26 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Some of the RSC Quilters are scrambling to finish up their PINK scrap sewing.  Some are already done.  Me?  I fall somewhere in between.

Let's see how this week unfolded...

SUNDAY - This weekend, I concentrated on cutting...


... And sewing one PINK Scrap Buster Challenge block:


You may or may not notice that my block isn't constructed as a modified Double 4-Patch like the Square Dance pattern linked above.  I had some trouble with fabric placement when making my first block earlier this year.  My friend Libby @ Hillside Quilter suggested that I try her method.  (Thanks again, Lib!!)  Her directions worked like a charm (once I remembered to be VERY careful about laying out the pieces during the assembly process.)

MONDAY - When loading up my new Dark Blue quilted scrap basket, I found two scrappy panels which must have been made during LAST year's Dark Blue month for the RSC.  Oops!  I could have used them as a jumping off point last week.  It just so happens that I have a couple of projects that these can be incorporated into:



But first...

I had a Mail Call Monday post to release and then I needed to play catch-up on a few charity projects for my Weekly Quilt Group.  These fabrics were chosen last night...


... Cut out this morning...


... And sewn up before lunch:


This afternoon, I chopped up the blocks and switched the pieces around in order to put these pieces back together again by Thursday:



TUESDAY - I stayed up REALLY late last night!  At O-dark-thirty, I released a new edition of Tidy Up Tuesday.  YOU won't want to miss it!  (Hint:  Be sure to read all the way to the end.)

One of the two projects that I alluded to in yesterday's entry is this Pineapple Pieces block, another thing that needs to be finished by Thursday:


WEDNESDAYI released a new Wonderful Wednesday post early this afternoon and then played around with the larger pieced panel that I found while loading up Big Blue with scraps...


I'm thinking of trying a new-to-me basket pattern.  Check out Friday's entry to see what happens.

THURSDAY - ZoomBEE LIVE!!!  It was SEW good to see everyone in person NOT on the computer:




FRIDAY - Today, I met my friends for ZoomKNIT...


... And then released a new edition of Design Floor Friday in the afternoon.  Once that was done, I headed back up to the studio to begin work on my PINK Picket Star block:



But...

... I soon remembered that I had a phone call to make.  Time melted away into the words and stories of LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color.  What an enjoyable way to spend any number of minutes (or an hour and a half!) getting to know one of my blogging friends better.

SATURDAY - Can someone PLEASE explain how the weekend could possible have rolled around again?  It seems like yesterday was Monday and suddenly it's time for Angela's LINK PARTY over on So Scrappy!!

Until next time...
Scrap SEW safely!!!

13 comments:

  1. I admit I use my large sewing table to lay out all my blocks as I am sewing them together.... and I still switch things around occasionally! Your stashbuster block looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great way to make those scrap buster blocks! Fewer seams, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, you have been busy. I will go back to checkout all your daily posts. can't wait to see what you have in store for the blue slab block you found or what your new basket pattern might be!!!! Holding my breath, well not really! But I am waiting! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would probably be forever unpicking stitches if I were to make that stash buster block. When they are put together the right they are quite lovely though. Your's looks great in pink. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like blocks like Disappearing Nine Patch and Anita's Arrowhead but for some reason I don't enjoy making them so I probably will never have a quilt of them. Sure do like them, though!!

    Now slabs I do like to make and use. Blue Pineapple??? What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the busiest woman I know! Zoom must have been named after you!
    Gotta admit that's the first blue pineapple I've ever seen - and what a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one busy lady!I love reading what you've been up to all week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun to see everyone in person again! Have a relaxing weekend-- it sounds like you need a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can always be sure to find lots of lovely things happening on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ve had fun looking over your blog tonight. I’m happy to see you are still betting together with your friends whether in person or via Zoom. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been busy! I love your pineapple block in all its scrappy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Talking to LeeAnna does melt the hours away :-) Ask me how I know. We still have not done Dark/Navy Blue for RSC this year so could have been saved for then. But then blue pineapple was totally worth it. Looking forward to the completed Picket Star Quilt Block :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you have a really fun week! We're still on lockdown and stuck at home here in India. The blue scrappy block is really pretty. Remind me of boro quilt 💙

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.