Tuesday, February 28, 2023

TidyUp Tuesday - Finishing Up February

Welcome to another edition of Tidy Up Tuesday!!  This week, I'm here to share a couple of PINK projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


First, an ongoing project...

This was the humble beginning of my PINK Scrap Jar Star block for February.  A little pile of scraps, my smallest rotary mat and a rendezvous with my rotary cutter in a few stolen moments during my lunch break:


Whoops!  Someone can't count and TWO WEEKS later, the block STILL wasn't done:


Who knew that it could take SEW long to complete a single quilt block?!  After posting to Angela's Link Party, I finally sewed up the 16-Patch portion on Saturday:


On Sunday afternoon, I trimmed up the HSTs for the star points...


And set up the block layout beside the machine before bed:


As February began to fade...


I finally assembled the block components before heading off to work on Monday:


With just ONE day to spare... Whew!!

The other project I have to share is a little bit of a cheat...

It's Maggie's QAYG Mini in PINK, a finish from earlier in the month: 


A mug rug in the February's Color of the Month was a welcome addition to my desk at work.  It was done during the first week, but I forgot to add it to my weekly RSC post:


About the "cheat" part...

That little mug rug came to me already quilted and ready for binding.  (Thanks, Maggie!!)  The funny thing was that she was surprised I found enough fabric in the scrap bag to bind it.

Until next time...
SEW pretty in PINK!!!

10 comments:

  1. Joy, that's a pretty pink ScrapJar star! I love your little mug rug, too. The brown and pink together are a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty scrap jar. I wonder what color March will be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pink scrap jar block. Love your cute little mug rug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty star! I like the way you added the pink square in the corners too. Sweet mug rug and the jokes on Maggie! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous star! I'm impressed that you had that same fabric AND enough of it to bind that mug rug! What a win!!!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the star! It can take a while, even when things are prepped....as I recall you had a good reason in getting some quilts ready for a family in need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pink Scrap Jar Star with its gingham points. Cute mug rug too. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. With a day to spare is still on time. Your RSC block turned out beautifully. The mug rug is cute too. Good luck with your RSC plans for March. I need to see what color Angela picked for March. Green maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those stars, and the little does take a long time when we get
    distracted with other things!! Stay safe and sew on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tflowers are beautiful! The pink star block is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.