Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Wonderful Wednesday - The Valentine UFO Quilt

 Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!  I'm here to report a rather timely UFO Club finish.  After all, yesterday WAS the day we celebrated hearts and flowers!  Both were in this quilt, which I am thrilled to have completed yesterday.  It began last January as part of the 2022 Stay at Home Round Robin.

You can read all about the process of making the quilt HERE.

Suffice it to say, since Winter is Project QUILTING season, I elected to keep things small.

How did you DO that, Joyful???

Instead of full rounds, I chose to begin with partial "rounds" and the merged several "rounds" in the outer border.  But we're here to talk about the FINISHING, aren't we?

This is how that played out...

On Sunday, I decided that I should load my Valentine quilt on the empty rails of the longarm.  Scrounging for a batting scrap, selecting a pale PINK backing, and spotting what might be the perfect binding to convert this piece into my ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge entry for the month was the first order of business:


The layers were then loaded on the frame:


Let the quilting begin...


With some hearts thrown in, of course:


Before long, the quilting was complete:


After completing some work on another project on Monday morning, I squared up the quilt so that it would be ready for binding selection after work:


However, that afternoon, I was still feeling indecisive, so called for reinforcements:


This is the collection which was curated by my trusty Studio Assistant:


Thanks, DS2!!  I'm SEW glad that you got home from work early!

I chose these options that I had hoped might work, but (for a variety of reasons) didn't:


Selection session - Take One...


Then narrowing the field and testing a couple more choices in Take Two...


After all that, I actually STILL couldn't decide, so I called in DH to see what he thought.  Oddly enough, he dismissed my favorite right off the bat and named this ribbon print as the winner:


I am pleased to present my completed SAHRR22 Valentine Quilt:



This is my first UFO Club finish of the Winter session.  Thank you to my friend Lisa for contributing the center block.  It was a great jumping off point for my 2022 Stay at Home Round Robin quilt.

Until next time...
Sew LOVE-ly!!!

Sharing with Cynthia
for



9 comments:

  1. Huzzah! Love that you finished a UFO and that it is all quilted and bound....in time for Valentine season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the finish and a table scrap challenge done already - whatever will you do the rest of the month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that pretty?! Perfect timing on the finish, too. Love that DS2 was your design consultant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hearts are always a welcome feature in a quilt of any size!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very fun and unique finish. It's been interesting to see how everyone deals with the SAHRR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super finish! Lovely colors and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turned out great! Your DH chose well for the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on this beautiful quilt, Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.