Sunday, February 26, 2023

(Not so...) Mini Monday - SAHRR23 - Round 5

Welcome to (Not so...) Mini Monday (... on a Sunday!!)  It's going to be this way for at least another week so that I don't miss the Link-up.  I shared the beginning of Round Four of my 2023 Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR) last week.  Our hostess for this week was Emily @ The Darling Dogwood.  Her choice for Round Five was revealed HERE.


And the verdict is...

Square in a Square

How will you work this into your project, Joyful???

I'm not really sure!

This is where I left things with Round 4...



Off to check the block stack...

Was I able to discover any Square in a Square blocks?  Fortunately, there was ONE in my holiday block stash:


Even SEW...

Round 5 is still very much up in the air, as I haven't been able to decide how to work it in with the other blocks, as it's a busy one!

What's the plan, Joyful???

I made another (busy) Square in a Square block to go with the one I found:


But...

(In case you didn't notice) I had to remake it.  Quilt math isn't my strong suit:



WHAT???  That didn't tell you what you wanted to know??

OK.  I'll fill you in on how I am going to fit these into the quilt.  It was easy, really!  I stitched them into a 4-Patch with red alternate squares to tone down those busy prints:


See...

The busy-ness recedes and the red takes over:



It's really starting to feel like this might actually turn into a quilt, people!!!

My growing Stay At Home Round Robin (shown above) is down on the design floor with another couple of orphan blocks added to the mix.  Even if I haven't stayed true to the Round Robin style, I'm starting to get SEW excited about this project!

With the exception of the center panel, I'm STILL not sewing any pieces and parts together.  I think I have a fun surprise that will need to be shared in an upcoming post.  Don't get too excited!  You may to have to wait for the The Link Party Parade post for all to be revealed.

In the interim, let's wait and see what Gail has in store for the final prompt.  Once we know what that will bring to the party on Monday, it might help with the direction I take from here.  While we wait, please visit the other participants in this week's Link Party and stop back here to see how my quilt will progress with Round Six.

Here's this year's SAHRR hosting schedule:


Until next time...
Sew a Round!!!


6 comments:

  1. That was a great way to make the square in a square blocks work for your SAHRR project, Joy! Are these all 12 inch blocks? One more Monday and then we have to start making decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant to turn your square in a square blocks into a 4-patch! You are right, the prints look less busy now. I like that you are doing a more sampler style than traditional round robin--you know we aren't big on rules, pretty much anything goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea turning the square-in-a-square blocks into a 4-patch. Your quilt is coming along nicely, love the sampler look. It will be a pretty Christmas sampler quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, it is starting to look very festive! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and I love your plan of waiting to see what will come next before sewing any parts together. --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been fun to see how everyone interprets the prompts and makes them their own. I think that's one of the fun parts about this particular quilt along. Chris Knits and Sews is also doing a sampler. The Darling Dogwood is doing a row by row. Chris has also been showing her EQ8 design for a full round robin, which that's been a fun perspective too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.