Friday, February 24, 2023

February 2023 - ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge - Link Party

Welcome to the February 2023 edition of the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge here at the Joyful Quilter!!  Thanks for stopping by the Link Party to see what participants have made this month.  It's amazing that we're a full 2 months into the "new" year.  Time flies when you're having fun!


I host this challenge in conjunction with Angela's (RSC) Rainbow Scrap Challenge @ So Scrappy.  It's been SEW much fun to offer the...



Button credit to Susan @ Desert Sky Quilts, updated by me.

Since basically ANY small quilted item qualifies for this challenge, I scrounge through my scrap basket to see what I can come up with.  

Each month I offer a prompt to help get your creative juices flowing.  While you are NOT required to use it in your project, the guiding word is revealed at the end of each month's LINK PARTY post.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see August's focus.  It, along with the RSC Color of the Month (as soon as Angela releases it - around the 1st of the month) will also be added to the 2023 ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge page at the top of the blog.

February's letters were...

M and/or V


Here's what I did with that...

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color of the Month was PINK.  Surely I can find something fun and exciting in my scrap basket to represent this month's letters...


So I sorted through and found precious little to use!

Plus...

This UFO was calling my name, so I loaded it up on the longarm:


It has the color that I was hoping to use for the M in my project, but these scraps do, too:



Then, I dreamed about a project for this month's ABC Challenge...

Literally!  I woke to a vision of my entry and made it happen that day.  This is the "down and dirty" sketch that I drew up at breakfast:


I'm pleased to present my completed ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge entry for February that dreamed up earlier this week:


How does that fit this month's theme???

As I mentioned before, it worked like this:

M = Magenta scraps were included in my block.
V = My project is a Valentine for next year's holiday decor.

Here is the same 6.5" x 8.5" quilt, as seen on the arm of our sofa:


Can you believe those pictures are of the same small quilt?!  Lighting.  Sigh... 

What's next, Joyful???

March will be headed in like a lion or a lamb in just a few days.  Angela will choose a new Color of the Month soon.  Update:  GREEN!!!

March's letters are:

B and/or U

NOTE:  Take them wherever they lead you.

And now...

It's time for YOU to link up your M and/or V projects in the LINK PARTY below.  All entries MUST be submitted by Tuesday, February 28th @ 11:59PM (EST).


Until next time...
USE those table scraps!!!
#ABCtableSCRAPSchallenge2023
#tablescrapschallenge2023

Linking up with Cynthia
for

10 comments:

  1. Ha ha... I wish I could work from a "down and dirty" sketch. I always ended up doing several sketches. So now I generally just wing it to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie (Annie’s Musings)February 24, 2023 at 9:55 AM

    How cute this little Valentine quilt is! I just love the outside the box thinking for this alpha challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cute as can be, Joy, and I love the pretty pinks you used! It is amazing how different the same fabric can look in different lighting - yours is pretty normal matter what. Off to write my post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute, Joy! Great way to incorporate all the month's details in a fun little mini!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m a day late! Where in the heck did Friday go! What a cute little Valentine in “Magenta”.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute little mat. I would have to start using it now ☺️

    Thanks for sharing with oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative way to meet the challenge! Well done! I like that quickie sketch!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.