Sunday, February 12, 2023

(Not so...) Mini Monday (on Sunday) - SAHRR 2023 - Round Three

Welcome to (Not so) Mini Monday... a little bit early!!  It's the way it's going to be for the duration so that I don't miss the Link-up.  I shared the beginning of Round One of my 2023 Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR) last week.  It's time for Chris @ Chris Knits Sews reveal our task for Round Three.


And the verdict is...

Hourglass

What do you have planned, Joyful???

Once I decide on the fabrics I will use, we'll see what I can come up with.

Here's where I left things with Round 2...

A column of blocks to give greater length to the center of my quilt:


Round 3 for my SAHRR is still very much up in the air...

I'm not quite sure what I want to do, but I'm planning to begin by making 4 blocks.

What will you DO with them, Joyful???

My idea is to have them serve as cornerstones for last week's new central panel.

LOOK!!!

I found these four Hourglass blocks when I was searching for fabric:


Unfortunately, they truly don't work with my growing quilt, so I selected these fabrics to make some Hourglass blocks of my own:


I do like the idea of bringing the "gold" out to the next round, but don't have enough mental bandwidth left this week to firm up a plan.

However...

I did make a few Hourglass blocks:


Here's how they turned out:


SEW...

This is where I left it:


Until curiosity got the better of me...

With that much done, I was going to hit the PAUSE button until next week's prompt is released.  I couldn't do it!  I had to try out a few ideas even though the lighting was terrible.

Cornerstones with unidentified borders between:


Left and right block borders.  More blocks would be required for this option:


Cornerstones with the "golden" border between doesn't look like it will make the cut:


Please, visit the other participants in this week's Link Party and stop back here to see how my quilt will progress with Round Four.

Here's this year's SAHRR hosting schedule:


Until next time...
Sew a Round!!! 

10 comments:

  1. I love all of your auditioning. Sleeping on your decision should help! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The SAHRR is definitely a project that requires lot of mental bandwidth, and I don't always have the right amount either! You've got a good start with your hourglass blocks. Maybe the right background fabric will show up today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a great start on ideas for week 3 and 4. Looking forward to seeing what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing how you incorporate the blocks into the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your hourglass blocks and I am going to be making 4 and holding out to see what Monday brings, too, before I attach them. It is a good way to go as it gives you the choice to make more or integrate them with the next prompt - guessing flying geese but I don't know for sure. We're all waiting to hear from hostess #4!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good so far. I like the idea of using the hourglass blocks as cornerstones. Wonder what your "filler" blocks will be this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful we have so many options for the direction of our SAHRR, and so aggravating when we have SO many options! LOL Great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. However many blocks you make and whatever you do with them, I am certain of one thing - you will be Joyful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are really changing this one around--these hourglasses will find their spot eventually!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.