Saturday, February 4, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 5

Welcome to Week 5 of the 2023 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's a transition week for the RSC Quilters and BLUE is heading back to the scrap heap, while PINK will be taking pride of place on our sewing tables.

SUNDAY - Knittingsuek slept late this morning, but while she was eating breakfast...


I was prepping the WORDY prompt for my journal page and finished up during our call:


MONDAY -  (Not so...) Mini Monday (...On Sunday?!) - If I hadn't posted early, I would have missed the Link Party.  :o((

Today was a work and Wordle day...


But a Quordle win wasn't in the cards:


TUESDAY - Tidy Up Tuesday

(Thanks to Chantal's nagging) I finally finished January's BLUE scrappy sewing, by completing this Scrap Jar Star block for our Sew-Along:




WEDNESDAY - It was my day off... Until it wasn't.  Huff and bother!  I wrote down the wrong dates.  :o((

Sorry, Angela, these PINK scraps will just have to wait:


The good news is that I remembered to take Unconstructed in Blue to the post office on the way home and I arrived in plenty of time for my weekly Zoom call with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


After dinner...

I visited with the NLCQG for their February Meeting.  Joan Cain, co-founder of Lakeshore Modern Quilters, presented Modern Traditionalism.  She ended up right next to me at one point on the Zoom screen - blinking... NOT sleeping:


 page2image40503952
Attendees discovered how to make this approach their own.  Joan made it her mission to simplifying and demystifying the process of quilting so that quilters can find room for personal creativity.


THURSDAY - Work was followed by grocery shopping and a pharmacy run.  As luck would have it, I broke my car somewhere along the way:


I also very nearly fell down the stair AND tried to break my computer by dropping it on the floor!  On the plus side, I finished my Junk Journal January project.  It's got "gator mouth", but I couldn't be more pleased with:


FRIDAY - NOW a day off!!  Perfect timing, too, as I signed up for a Botanical Book Webinar.  If you are on Instagram, check out #createwithaliandamy where you will find lots of examples of what we learned.  It was SEW much fun!

Once our book was assembled...


We warmed up with full-strength and diluted ink strokes...


I continued on my own with this single leaf painting...


Along with this fun "wallpaper" design after the class:


Unfortunately, that meant my KNIT Group would have to wait for the NEXT time I have a Friday off!

I'm excited to say that I just got an email about winning a prize from the 2023 Fast & Fun Blog Hop.  Thanks to Cindy @ Stitchin' at Home for pulling my name/comment/number for one of her three prizes!!

YOU can still get a Blog Hop Rose Card Collection set before they’re gone. They are available HERE and it's a HOT deal for these FIVE Fast & Fun quilt patterns:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

11 comments:

  1. so happy you found some pink scraps to work with! waiting to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Sorry about your car! Console yourself with those happy pink scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see your smiling face at NLCQG this week! (Our March meeting is a rummage sale. You're invited (no guest fee) but you'll have to travel. LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win - those are some fun designs! Thursday sounds like it was a day to forget... But the the blue ScrapJar Star is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, the car, you and the computer all in one day? Hope the car is fixed and this week goes smoothly for you. Oops, I forgot to make my blue 16 patch into a star... I'll do it tomorrow along with the pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thursday was really a klutz day for you! Glad it is now behind and nothing major has happened, beside the car that is.
    Lovely Scrap Jar Star btw. I love that the same fabric is used for all the points. Are you ready for the Pink one? I'm not sure if I carry enough Pink to make all the points different as I did with all the other blocks. I might have to get to the stash for this one.
    I like your leafy doodling too. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW... that's a busy week. EnJoY PINK this month too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did my book too, but haven't painted in it yet. Need the blackest ink to use I think... but love the little books. Another full week... broke your car? and dropped the computer but as they say, kept on ticking!
    whew! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've had a busy week! Sorry about the car, hope it's an easy fix. Pretty blue block and pink scraps. Have a relaxing Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The car is better to be broken than you! Looks like a good week of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your prize! Your week was definitely a whirlwind of fun and activities, glad you got to enjoy so much merry creative sparks in one week. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.