Saturday, February 22, 2020

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC20 - Week 8

Welcome to Week 8 of the 2020 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  For a brief moment, I thought I might be able to sew some ORANGE scraps this week...

And then I remembered that it is Challenge Week for Project QUILTING!!!  Prompt 11.4 goes live on Sunday afternoon.  Let's have a look at what that did to my scrappy plans.

SUNDAY - Bridal Shower with a freshly completed table topper:



This Pecking Order quilt was planned as a lap quilt, but reality revealed that time was not on my side.  The altered plan resulted in an 18.5" square topper.  The bride-to-be loved it (and decided to use it at her wedding on the table with the Bride's Book!!)

Look for today's Sew Some Love Sunday post HERE.

MONDAY - The Junior Quilter wallowed in cloth...



... As I attempted to sort through these two scrap bags:



Guild was tonight.  There was a short presentation from Sleep in Heavenly Peace and another about the Love Quilt Project, along with our regular business.  Members donated another 8 quilts for SHP.  This photo...


... And this one, show the rest of our donation efforts for the month:



Somewhere in the midst of all that, I forgot to release the latest edition of Mail Call Monday.  SEW... That actually happened on Tuesday.  (Whoops!)  Anyway, it outlines an opportunity to do good (and get a new-to-you book for your quilting library.)

TUESDAY - Toddler Time at the local library this morning.  Clap, clap, clap your hands:


WEDNESDAY - Rainy day found us back at the library for Preschool Story Hour.  Shake your hips:


THURSDAY - SNOW in the forecast meant that I had the afternoon and evening to myself!!  I spent it cutting, sewing, and unsewing little bits of ORANGE for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:







This was the view off our front porch just before bedtime:


FRIDAY - A late start to the day gave me this beautiful view...



... And just enough time to create my Stand of Trees block for #bushfireblocks to send with the others I've collected:


There's STILL time for you to participate... if you act now!  Check out the info at THIS POST.  Your package just needs to arrive at zip code 27278 by Saturday, February 29th to be included in this block drive for Australian fire victims.

I also released a new Design Floor Friday post.  Check out the quilting adventures of my Monthly Quilt Bee, if you haven't visited recently.  We had a Sew Day, so there's LOTS to see!

SATURDAY - The weekend has rolled around, again.  It's time for the LINK PARTY over at Angela's So Scrappy blog.  I'm sure there will be lots of ORANGE scrappy goodness.  I'm heading there, now.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

8 comments:

  1. beautiful snow fall and fun quilt blocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your tabletopper was the perfect gift for the bride! I love that she knew exactly how she was going to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always busy in your sewing room. Love that snow view - such a different one from the ones that we have here in Australia at the moment. Everyone is being very generous with their donations. Love your "trees".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun stuff happened this week in your neck of the woods. Oh how I loved our local fun at the library. Your guild did a lot of great charity quilts. I know they will be loved and appreciated. Happy happy sewing, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous of your snowy view. Its been a rainy winter with a few spells of gray slush here. Love your Great orange accent ideas.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your Tree blocks for Australia. Congrats on a very productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Love all the activity at the Library. I hope adults could "play" too! My brother got a little snow too down in Archdale but he said it was gone quickly. Glad you were able to get a bit of "orange delight" in this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.