Saturday, February 1, 2020

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC20 - Week 5

Welcome to Week 5 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  By week's end we will be saying goodbye to Light/Bright GREEN:



SUNDAY - Due day for Project QUILTING 11.2 challenge.  I made it just under the wire!  Here's a glimpse of my Team Colors:



Just before bedtime, I released a new Sew Some Love post.  If you haven't heard about the collection efforts of the Wollongong Modern Quilt Guild, you may want to give this a read.

MONDAY - It's delivery day!!  This morning I delivered the antique quilt that took up residence on the rails of my longarm quilting machine nearly a month ago.  Texture!!  Captured in a view of the back unfolding...



... And on the front when fully unfurled:


It wouldn't necessarily have taken QUITE that long if I hadn't hurt my back right after the New Year.  My friend LOVED it!!  Whew!

I spent the afternoon preparing a new Mail Call Monday post and readying the studio for the next client quilt.  We have plans to see each other at the Donation Bee meeting tomorrow morning.  I'm excited to quilt another of my Quilt Bee's Blooming 9 Patch QAL quilts.  This will make number 4 and my own B9P is still not quilted!  Sigh...

TUESDAYI'm SEW happy to show off this Rainbow Geese Mini, with is Light/Bright GREEN binding!  It has greeted me this month, from its spot on the Gallery Wire just inside my studio door and reminds me of its maker, Diann at Little Penguin Quilts:


I had an appointment this morning to pick-up my next quilting project.  You'll hear more about that next week.

WEDNESDAY - Last night at Quilt Bee, I shared (photos) of my latest projects.  This morning, I got some happy news.  I'll wait until Monday to share that, though.  This evening, I enjoyed a celebration dinner and released a special edition Wonderful Wednesday post.  It just might make ONE lucky reader SEW happy.  :o))

THURSDAY - Here are the more of the quilts gracing my Gallery Wire in my studio this month with hints of Light/Bright GREEN throughout January:



Tonight, I packed for this weekend's retreat.  Everything's ready except the food:



FRIDAY - Hello from G's Quilt and Craft Retreat.  After more than a month of planning, I'm off to the Bee Sew/Crafty Quilt Retreat!  Look for a full report in the next week (or so.)  For now, here's where I will be spending the weekend:



SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day at Angela's So Scrappy blog today, but I won't be visiting until quilting is done for the day, if then.  I will be playing with our new Color of the Month:


ORANGE!!!


Color me SEW happy.  :o))

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

9 comments:

  1. So many things going on. love those mini quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the retreat! Cant wait to see thecphotos from that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the retreat. Your mini quilts on the line are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good feeling to finish a long term quilting job, I bet! Hope you have a great time on your retreat, and thanks for featuring the mini I made you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those minis .. Have fun with the orange...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your "mini wire". Enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping you've had a blast on your retreat!
    Love your little art gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a tease you are!!! Love the wee little geese quilt!!! I have never tried quilting in miniature...maybe it is time to try it!! Have a blast at retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great unfurling photos! Love the baptist fans on that antique quilt! That gallery wire is such an adorable idea! Cute quilts decorating it as well. I'll enjoy reading about your retreat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.