Friday, February 21, 2020

Design Floor Friday - SECU Sew Day Style

Welcome to another edition of Design Floor Friday!!  I'm here to share my portion of my Quilt Bee's recent Sew Day at SECU Family House.  Our main focus was making blocks for #bushfireblocks to support our quilting sisters from Down Under.  Other projects were worked on, as well.  While the post may have better fit for Wonderful Wednesday, my week got away from me.  I'm SEW sure that you all understand.

I had a plan for the day, but first...

My friend Cheryl K. has been saving her fabric scraps for me:


Joanna sorted through her batiks and brought a bag full of scraps and larger pieces, too:


Here's the whole group, as we gathered around for Show and Tell:


The first part of my Show and Tell was this collection of #bushfireblocks from Dawn @ Quilting by Dawn to be mailed to Australia for inclusion in wildfire relief quilts:


I showed off Jayne's Heart mini quilt, which was the inspiration for my Project QUILTING 11.3 challenge.  Look!  ORANGE scraps for the RSC, too:


I also shared the Pecking Order table topper that I am making for a Bridal Shower gift:


Surprise!!!  SC Sue is joining us today:


Ruth S. brought these green scraps for members to use in making their Tree donation blocks for Australia:


At the end of the day, only the binding remained to be completed, thanks to Sue's quilting suggestions:


But, WAIT, Joyful, we SEW want to see what everyone else was up to during the Sew Day!!

OK, OK...

Here is a quick (wordless) run through of Show and Tell:














And... Our busy bees...















There you have it.  (Thread) tales of a wonderful day.

Until next time...
Quilt. Eat. Repeat!!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful ladies. Bravo! And Joyful finishes on an orange note. Well done! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had great fun. We're lucky to have such a wonderful hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day and so many wonderful blocks for Australia!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.