Saturday, February 8, 2020

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC20 - Week 6

Welcome to Week 6 of the 2020 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Our hostess called for February's Color of the Month to be ORANGE.  Not exactly the color one might expect for February, but it's kind of nice to mix things up every once in a while.  (Thanks, Angela!)

This is how my (post-retreat) week went...

SUNDAY - Made good progress on a new project:




Cleaned up, packed up, and went home.  Started the process of catching up on emails, etc. and released a new Sew Some Love post.  If you would like a meaningful, yet quick project, go take a look.

MONDAY - This morning I read over the challenge for PQ 11.3 and knew IMMEDIATELY what would occupy my found moments this week.  Let me tell you... I am SEW excited!!!

After dinner, I released a new Mail Call Monday post.  You won't believe what happened!!

TUESDAY - What a fun day!  I enjoyed a museum trip with the Junior Quilter.  Here we are, waiting to board the train:



WEDNESDAY - Story Time at the library was on today's agenda.  This evening I released a new Wonderful Wednesday post.  If you are curious about what went on at the Quilt Retreat, you won't want to miss any of the posts between now and Saturday.



I got the back loaded for Ruth S's gorgeous B9P...



... And worked on cutting some background squares for my Project QUILTING 11.3 challenge:



THURSDAY - I had hoped to attend my Weekly Quilt Group, but the weather didn't cooperate.

This afternoon, I released a Throwback Thursday post sharing projects from Day Two of the Bee Sew/Crafty Quilt Retreat...

...Where these fabrics went from a pile of scraps...



... To sewn blocks in a day:



Early this evening, I made the HSTs needed for my Project QUILTING 11.3 challenge:



Sorry, RSC Quilters!  The ORANGE scraps get to remain squares.


FRIDAY - I attended Knit Group this morning and meant to return the Retreat House pie server that accidentally came home with me.

This afternoon, I meant to release a new Design Floor Friday post https://thejoyfulquilter.blogspot.com/2020/02/design-floor-friday-bee-sewcrafty-quilt.html?m=1 and shared projects from Day Three of the Bee Sew/Crafty Quilt Retreat.  Starting with the double-sewn corners...


Because... You KNOW how much I love Bonus HSTs!!!  :o))

... Of these blocks for my new Pecking Order quilt that I had up on the design wall in yesterday's post:


Unfortunately, yesterday's storms knocked out our power.  It had only been restored about a half hour when our internet went out.  :o((

I released an incomplete post and plan to finish off the details once the internet is restored.  Alas, that has yet to happen.

SATURDAY - Can you BELIEVE the week went by SEW quickly??  It's already time to visit Angela @ So Scrappy and her LINK PARTY for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  If you like ORANGE, you won't want to miss it.

I will have to catch up with the RSC Quilters later on.  I'm going to try to get my entry for Project QUILTING put together today.

Plus, there's STILL no internet.  :o((

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!


9 comments:

  1. No orange nail polish this week? I hope your power and Internet is back really soon. It's a major pain, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those Pecking Order blocks - such a great design from such a simple block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the power and internet come back soon. We had our power flicker a few times this morning.... I guess a transformer blew on our road. Thank goodness it came back quickly.
    Waiting for the orange nails.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too was missing the RSC manicure reveal! Lol!

    Hate losing power but REALLY hate losing Internet service. Miss all my friends!!! By the way, what is PQ 11.3?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pecking order block is a nice one. Simple, but cleverly laid out. Nice colors too

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had a very busy week with some challenges thrown your way. I hope you get your power and internet back to proper working order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another whirl wind week. I'm hoping the weather's not too bad today, they have storms forecast for us. So I'm hoping we can keep the power on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Junior Quilter looks very excited about the train! What a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo! Pecking order looks like fun!
    (And I'm joining the chorus chanting "Orange nails! Orange nails!")

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.