Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Wonderful Wednesday - Friday Night Sew-In

Welcome to the next edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  This week, I'm here to share a new adventure in quilting.

The Backstory...

While at Quilt Guild a couple of Mondays ago, one of the members of my Monthly Evening Bee invited me to join her Friday Night Sew-In group.  Knowing that my DH is anxious for me to work on our niece's wedding quilt, I checked with him to see if he had other plans for the weekend.  He was thrilled that I had found a platform for progress on the somewhat tardy quilt.

The Event...

Linda brought her Farm Girl Vintage quilt to bind:



Ella brought Halloween squares to sew:


As Linda began binding...


... I was busy cutting:


Sara(h?) worked on seaming a baby sweater:


Kathy brought her collection of Ginkgo leaf  prints to choose fabrics for a Scrappy Strip Tuffet:


Patty shared her new Barn Quilt:


I believe this is Karoline's wonderful strippy tote bag:


The church's quilt group won a ribbon at the DOQ Quilt Show with this lovely quilt, displayed in the fellowship hall:


To the best of my knowledge, this selection made the final cut for the tuffet:


Karoline will be working on this square version:


Kathy will be working in the round:


They will both start with a muslin base for added sturdiness:


Dale is working on a cozy new scarf:


We pulled this out of Ella's project box.  She isn't fond of working with solids:


With the binding applied to this quilt...


... Linda moved on to another:


Congrats! to Sara(h?) on completing the seaming on this little sweater:


These are Karoline's tuffet fabrics:


Ann spent the evening attempting to familiarize herself with paper-piecing:


Patty had a question about this Jenny Doan quilt in progress:


The Outcome...

The evening was a HUGE success!  Approximately 16 yards of sheerweight fusible stabilizer later:


The entire set of shirts, including the 9 sleeve caps that made their way into the design, have all had their corresponding stabilizer cut.  They are ready to meet the new iron that I recently purchased.

A little heat, a little steam, and a WHOLE LOT of time later, I'll be ready to cut them down to size.

T-Shirt quilts are a HUGE commitment, but they are SEW worth the time invested.  Thank you again, Ann, for inviting me to join in the Friday Night FUN!!  I was pleased to make such good progress in just one evening.

Until next time...
Gather!!!

3 comments:

  1. Very productive evening. You spend so much time documenting what everyone else is working on, I'm surprised you get anything accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job getting so much done, with all those fun quilt distractions going on around you!!!! That Farm Girl Vintage is wow!! Love the idea of a tuffet of gingko leaves. Thanks for sharing all the exciting quilt news going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great way to move a project forward! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.