Saturday, October 13, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC18 - Week 41

Welcome to Week 41 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week was just as crazy as the last (and probably the next, too.)  Oh, let's get real EVERY week is crazy (busy) here at The Joyful Quilter!  LOL

Here's the progression for the past seven days...

SUNDAY - I realized that I hadn't posted a link to this month's Squared Away Sampler.  Let's remedy that with today's entry.  Sending special thanks to Mari at The Academic Quilter for all her work on this years RSC Sampler.  I'm SEW looking forward to seeing how this one comes together!!

MONDAY - Yesterday, I signed up for the Autumn 2018 (Ravelry) UFO Club.  This is the eighth year that it's been offered in the Quilters Knitting group.  I released a post with My UFO List for the new quarter.

TUESDAY - Early this morning, I released a combo post for Scrap Attack.  I reported on September's accomplishments and October's job pull.  Use MORE scraps!!  Toward that goal... These scraps will be used to make a special mug rug very soon:



WEDNESDAY - Another day, another blog post.  Not really typical here at The Joyful Quilter, but I'm still busy playing catch-up after being away.  Today, I released a new Wonderful Wednesday post.  Check it out, if you didn't see it yet!

THURSDAY - This one little comment to Nicole at Handwrought Quilts...






Congrats on a super scrappy finish!! I would love nothing more than to rip it from your hot little hands and wrap up in it. It looks cheerful, yet cozy!
... Caused a flurry of emails back and forth.  The result MAY be that her Wonky Stars quilt might be coming to live at my house.  I don't NEED another quilt, but it is SEW cheerful (in a clean, modern way!!)  Stay tuned, as negotiations continue.

FRIDAY - TGIF!!!  Discovered (in a roundabout way) that Carole at From My Carolina Home will be collecting blocks for victims of Hurricane Florence.  This information came via last week's Finish it up Friday post at Crazy Mom Quilts.  Members of my Quilt Bee recently returned from a trip to the shores of Lake Ontario.  Figuring that our Guild would be collecting donations, one the "Bluffers" (Thank you, Donna!!) sent this lovely Around the Garden Twist quilt back with us to donate to one of our fellow North Carolinians:




SATURDAY - The day has arrived for another of Angela's mini celebrations of our scrappy progress.  I will be joining in for the LINK PARTY.  Any number of the RSC Quilters have been busy with their sage and dark GREEN scraps this week.  Here's hoping that YOU have time to visit all the links as they are posted!  I'll be along shortly.  I absolutely LOVE a (link) party!  :o))

Look what's blooming in the garden:



There are plenty of dark GREEN leaves at the base of this lone perennial sunflower.  I was surprised that it was the only one AND that it was only 4 feet tall.  Usually, this variety grows between 6 - 10 feet tall and in the past these plants have lined that side of the house!  Curious.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about Carole's blocks for N Carolina - I'm planning to make some! That looks like a lovely quilt that your friend donated. I know it will really be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me dizzy with all your activity! 8)
    I hope you get a relaxing day where you can just sit and knit (or sit and sew) soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.