Wednesday, October 17, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC18 - Week 42

NOTE:  To the EIGHT people who read the "pre-release" of this post on Wednesday... Sorry about that!!  Now you know what my outline for each week looks like.  :o))

Here's the real deal...

Welcome to another edition of ScrapHappy Saturday!!  It's hard to believe that we have just worked our way through Week 42 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Angela and Mari are already beginning to talk about finishing of this year's Squared Away Sampler quilt.   I (who might have celebrated a birthday last week) guess it's true that the older we get, the faster time flies!!  LOL

SUNDAY - I released a new Sew Some Love post and tackled Mt. Washmore early in the day.  After lunch, ???  I sat in my reading chair and spent the afternoon catching up on bloggy stuff.  Posts that I've missed and posts that I needed to write.

MONDAY - This evening I met a quilting friend for a trip to Quilt Guild.  Wouldn't want to miss my birthday month meeting!  They are giving away patterns and FQs to celebrate.  Here's what I got:



And this is a better (more brightly lit) photo of my DOQ Birthday Bundle and accompanying pattern chosen:



TUESDAY - I released a new edition of Tidy Up Tuesday.

Also...

It was Girls Night Out at Mebane Knights (now under new ownership) tonight.  You know what that means, don't you?  MORE birthday celebrations!!  :o))

A couple of friends had surprises for me (in addition to the traditional FREE dinner and dessert!!)  I can't believe that I forgot to take photos together with the givers of gifts!!  :o((

WEDNESDAY - This morning, I remembered to release the next edition of Wonderful Wednesday.  Can you BELIEVE it?  ON the proper day!!  How long has it been since THAT happened?!?!  LOL

I took advantage of the beautiful morning to do a gift-y photo shoot.  Here's the loot from last night...

Tracy gave me a beautiful pair of hand knit socks:



Hilary bought a quilted wine caddy and filled it with one of my favorite bottles of wine:



What generous and thoughtful friends.  Thanks, again, you two!!

THURSDAY - You would THINK that I could remember what I do from one day to the next.  Alas, YOU would be WRONG!!  :P

FRIDAY - At Quilt Guild on Monday, I was invited to Friday Night Sew-In by a member of the evening branch of my local Quilt Bee.  After conferring with Mr. Basket, it was determined that the event would be JUST the thing I needed in order to knock out the next step on my niece's Wedding Tee Quilt.

The progress made???

ALL of the T-shirts have appropriately sized stabilizer cut and ready to apply... another day: 



SATURDAY - Guess what day it is???

It's LINK PARTY day over on the So Scrappy blog.  Since there wasn't a lot of dark GREEN sewing going on around here, head over to see what the other RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

I've got to get out the door and over to my Monthly Quilt Bee Meeting.  Today, we are having a Sew Day.  I'm hoping to work on several projects, including my Blooming 9-Patch.

Progress???  Yes?

No, but I did work on this month's Scrap Attack goal:



And some scrappy dark GREEN sewing for the RSC:


I incorporated some of my larger scraps (along with a bit of fabric, ribbon, and parachute cording from friends) into the project of the day.  This new crossbody bag:


Thanks you to Jean for leading the workshop.  It was a really fun project.  It would have been really fast, too... IF someone had pre-cut her fabrics.  :P

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

5 comments:

  1. I believe you have published this by mistake. You are ahead of your time. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday!!! Happy, happy, joy, JOY!!! Love your green winnings. What a great pattern. I LOVE the green nails. Yes, time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a fun week! I really like that cross-body bag. Is there a tutorial out there for it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you celebrated in style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! Love the green bag and sounds like you had a fun week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.