Monday, October 29, 2018

Mail Call Monday - Too Kind for Words

Welcome to another edition of Mail Call Monday!! This evening, I'm hear to tell you what came in today's mail.

Well, I'll show you, too!

This package was waiting for me when I got home from the grocery store:



Inside?  A quilt:




A  lovely handwritten note and goodies in the package, too!!

The bundle included chocolate:



TWO kinds of chocolate, but these eggs weren't wrapped in plastic bag:



As luck would have it, the second egg was broken.  Evidenced by the bit of chocolate seen on the quilt.  :o((

Fortunately, temperatures have been cooler recently and the quilt sustained no damage.  Whew!!  :o))

Also enclosed was a Canadian Colour Catcher for the first wash... In case I didn't have one to protect the quilt!!

Here I am, snuggled in our "reading chair" with my new quilt:



Imagine my surprise when I turned the quilt over to get a look at the label.  Nicole (may have) named the quilt after me!  See:



Here's the whole quilt:



At night. On my foyer floor:



Isn't is AWESOME?!?!  This bright and cheerful quilt was made by Nicole of Handwrought Quilts!!  You can read her blog post about finishing the quilt HERE.

This is the comment I left regarding the quilt:



Congrats on a super scrappy finish!! I would love nothing more than to rip it from your hot little hands and wrap up in it. It looks cheerful, yet cozy!
I'm pleased to say that it now belongs to me.  :o))

Thank you to Nicole, for the speedy delivery!  She mailed the package on the 23rd and it arrived today (on the 29th.)  Not bad, coming all the way from Canada!!  I really appreciate the SALE price, too.  You made Joyous Wonky Stars affordable for me.    Please know that it will be well cared for and SEW loved!

Until next time...
I'm SEW excited!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it's beautiful! Scrappy, wonky and rainbow bright :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooooo! I'm so sorry about the chocolate breaking! I hope your boys didn't fight too hard over the intact one.

    But I'm glad it arrived speedily and that you love it as much as you thought you would. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something nice to come home to after doing the grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.