Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Wonderful Wednesday - Quilting Up a Storm

Welcome to Wonderful Wednesday!  ON the actual day, this time.  Well, that was the plan, at least!  Only time will tell...

I'm here to share with you about my weekend's quilting adventures... a few weekends ago, at this point!!  In the midst of Hurricane Florence, my Quilt Bee had scheduled a B9P Sew Day.

Set up and ready to SEW:



Needleb's B9P is coming together:


We had an over-achiever in our midst:


Margaret pointed out the fabrics from her stash:


She also completed a Holiday Runner:


And it's reversible:


Margaret brought along the quilt I quilted for her:


A new scrap project, too:


Margaret brought a baggy of scrap for ME:


Dee Dee got busy on her art quilt:


Candy's B9P is organized into an old office sorter:


Candy brought me a bag of fabric scraps:


Dee Dee's been cleaning her studio and had a bag of batting scraps, which I have since put to work in my ITW18 Roommate Gifts:


Britt helped Candy with her B9P layout...


... And devised a method for keeping Candy's fabrics straight:


Margaret worked on mindless scrap sewing:


Soon, Candy's quilt filled the table:


Dee Dee opted for diamond shaped pupils for her cat quilt and is wondering about background spacing:


Ruth B. wondered if she should use this pale yellow:


Ultimately, she was happier without it:


Once Margaret was done with a batch of blocks...


... She worked on layout options:


On-point was the clear winner:


But, that left more questions than answers:


Britt worked on assembling these blocks...


... Which made a great border for this Quilt of Valor top:


More choices for Margaret's "filler blocks" made it onto the floor:


Britt's borders are complete:


Ruth familiarized herself with her travel machine:


I finished my next round of 9-Patches...


... And laid out all of my blocks:


Viola!!  Brit has a finished quilt top:


She seems fairly pleased with it and I don't blame her one bit:


Her next donation quilt will be made from these fabrics:


Travel machine now working, Ruth stitched her first B9P blocks:


Britt talked me into sewing my corner rows together:


Here's hoping that I picked everything up in an orderly fashion:


These stacks represent rows for the rest of the quilt:


It was a productive (and mildly stormy) day:


Until next time...
BEE quilting!!!

4 comments:

  1. Very busy Quilt Bee! Amazing projects, and right in the middle of the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fun projects. I like how that B9P is coming along. Looks like you all had a fun and productive time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be so much fun to work on projects together. Looks like a wonderful Quilty time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends, fabrics and loads of fun - sounds like a wonderful time together. Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.