Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Scrap Attack Tuesday - September FAIL / October Job Pull

Welcome to another edition of Scrap Attack Tuesday!!  Let's combine the accomplishments and job pull this time, shall we? It is the second week of the month, after all.

First, I'm  here to confess that I accomplished very little of my goal for September.  Sorry, Sarah!  Some months, I just couldn't find the necessary oomph!

September Accomplishments...

From my Scrap Attack list:

12. Britt indicated, Try making Dee Dee's Scrap Scarf!

Here's what it should look like when complete, as seen on Ruth, modeling her version:



FAIL!!!

In my defense, I actually DID take the baggie of scraps with me on my Retreat.  Just didn't get around to working on that particular project.


From the secondary list, in case I have extra time or enthusiasm:

7. Pull a scrap bag and start trimming like Paula!

I chose the dark BLUE bag to comply with the RSC Color of the Month for September:




CHECK!!!

Well... Sort of...

Here is the bag of scraps sitting by my sewing machine, but check out that view beyond:



I cut a few meager scraps, but sat down with my cuppa' to enjoy the view out the windows of the sewing porch:



I tried to make a bit of progress on that scrap bag.
Really, I did!!


Who could resist sunsets like these?  Yeh, see?!?!  Right???  They kept dragging me away from my scraps, too:




October Job Pull is as follows...

From my Scrap Attack list:


9. Paula picked cutting, Choose a Sizzix die and wind out!

Here is the machine, ready and waiting to be fed:





From the secondary list, in case I have extra time or enthusiasm:

3. Make a "Fiona" Scrap Basket like Chantal:




At first, I chose the dark GREEN bowl to comply with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color of the Month for October:



Then, I realized that I had a fair number of white/off-white homeless scraps...



... But, if you refer (once again) to the earlier photo, you will notice those are the very colors of the sample basket that was shown:



Instead, I believe that I might attempt a beige/tan basket and divide the contents of the lighter colored one.  Sound like a plan?
Here's hoping that I can manage to tackle (and contain) some of these scraps!!  If not, you'll be hearing about it NEXT month.

Well, you'll be hearing from me one way or another.  :o))

Until next time...
Attack those SCRAPS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lol. You sound like me. Sometimes, I think I need blinders like horses, lol. Good luck with your goals. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, September was not a good month for me either. At least you had a beautiful diversion. :) It was my birthday month ( not like it was one of those numbers that end in zero) and I just couldn't seem to get things together. I did manage to do a couple of charity projects for an upcoming bazaar but did not work on my RSC nor my BOMs and did not blog. I've accomplished a LITTLE more sewing, but still not those I just listed, but hope to correct that this afternoon and the rest of this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.