Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sew Some Love Sunday - Compassion Quilt Block Drive - Three Blocks in Three Weeks???

Welcome to another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  Cynthia @ Quilting is more fun than Housework runs a Compassion Quilt program for her local hospital.  The most recent Block Drive is for Veterans in shades of red, white and blue.  I have a fair amount of patriotic scraps so wanted to help out.

I took the slow route in completing these blocks.  I cut block parts one afternoon a few weeks ago, sewed units another day and finished up the large Churn Dash block last week.  The other night I stitched up the little blocks.

Fortunately...

One of the fabrics I selected includes a bit of gold for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge, too, as it's the only YELLOW sewing I've done thus far!  :o))

Unfortunately...

I read patriotic and focused on the patriotic prints, completely forgetting that she wanted to stick to white-based neutrals for the blocks.

Fortunately...

She is flexible and will find a way to use whatever you send her!

Here are the FOUR blocks I made:


Although...

The two 4-Patch blocks will need to be replaced, or forwarded to Cynthia for some other project, as I misread the cutting instructions.  Whoops!  I'm sure she will find a use for them.  The blocks will be going in the mail on Monday or Tuesday.

Until next time...
SEW Some Love!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely patriotic blocks. I'm sure they will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little blocks! I'm sure she'll use all of them. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.