Saturday, April 13, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC 24 - Week 15

Welcome to Week 15 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week was a blur with very little sewing to share.  OK, so that may even be no sewing, at all.

Stick around to see what else transpired...

SUNDAY - This week began in the usual manner with my Weekly Morning Art Zoom.  I worked on another page in my NEW Get Messy Hangout Journal.  I really enjoy expanding on the pages from my 2024 Artist Almanac...


Instead of decluttering the wire basket shown below, I opted to give it a new purpose.  I found that I needed to do a bit of organizing after lunch since these journals have fallen off the shelf no less than a half dozen times over the past few months.  Now they are tidy, tucked away, as well as easily accessible... WITHOUT causing an avalanche:


This afternoon, I enjoyed an ARTventure with Britt via Zoom.  While she worked on some special art pieces for an upcoming retreat, I made a(nother) new journal:


WAIT!!!  What happened to my weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek???

That happened yesterday before my body decided to make things interesting with a fever and chills:


What's this about fever and chills, Joyful???

They also returned just after Britt and I said our goodbyes.  I knew I was fading fast, but I didn't expect the fever and chills to return at the same time this evening as they arrived yesterday!  :o((

MONDAY - Work...

Or not!!!  I made a call to my doctor's office bright and early this morning.  Remarkably enough, I ended up at a Sick Visit only an hour later.  It came complete with an examination, a chest x-ray, and a pharmacy run.  The good news?  I don't have pneumonia.  Yay!!  It's only a sinus infection.  Thank you, Great Pollen Drop.  Sigh...

I got home in time for the Eclipse, but this is the only one I saw from my couch:


After dinner, I went up to watch the day's presentation for Mixed Media Binge Week with Jennifer Chamberlin.  Alas, it was ONLY available on Facebook...


So I added some bits and pieces to my Get Messy Art Journal instead:



Work...

And the new view from my studio window:

 
WEDNESDAY - Wonderful Wednesday

After work, I quickly sat my water cup down on my scrappy YELLOW mug rug made a year or so ago while I went to change clothes and...


Head up to Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - It's the start of my weekend.  I'm off today and tomorrow!  :o))

Spring is blooming in my yard...

I spotted these azaleas on my way back from taking out the trash:


This bush is nearly is almost completely covered in little flowers:


FRIDAY - We're on the road today, but...

The biggest surprise yesterday morning was finding this purple iris taking center stage in the planter out front.  I was thrilled since I thought my neighbor had only shared YELLOW ones:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will go ahead and visit Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I'll catch up with you sometime next week, if I have time.  Also, I may or may not be able to join the link party today, as I didn't bring my computer and can't always link-up using my phone.  If not, just know that I was thinking of you all this morning.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

6 comments:

  1. Those first flowers of spring are just the best. We'll start seeing some around here this week I'm guessing. I'm with you on the pollen issues, but no sinus infection yet this year. Knock on wood! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better and so glad it was not pneumonia! Purple iris is such a pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the sinus infection - that will take the wind out of your sails! Hope you're feeling better and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are better and well enough to travel! The sick has been all around this winter and early spring. I see you post, so you must have had a success publish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're back on your feet. Allergies are a killer! Mom's purple iris have buds. Right now I only have miniature iris blooming *they're always first up* and they're all yellow. Glad to see the view from your studio is improving. Pretty soon all the banging will be over! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you’re feeling better already, yes the pollen up north has been pretty hectic too. I’m a big fan of decluttering. Back to it again now, did not do it for a few years. Some people get upset that I give away most of the quilts I make, to me it is so much better to give them to hug someone to keep them warm and loved! Enjoy your travels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.