Tuesday, April 23, 2024

The 100 Day Project - #100Days100ThingsDecluttered - Week 9

Welcome to Week 9 of the #100Days100ThingsDecluttered new mini-series here on The Joyful Quilter!!  I started The 100 Day Project on February 18th.  I'm still shocked that I finally committed to it.  It's particularly popular on Instagram.  I have been hesitant to participate before now.  I'm releasing weekly updates for those of you who might be interested in seeing what goes out the door.  (This one just didn't get scheduled properly so you are seeing it a little later than normal.)

What's your project, again, Joyful???

I signed up with a different idea in mind than most.  You can read about it HERE.  That link will tell you all about my project.

While I have met my goal...

I'm NOT stopping there!!  I am continuing to declutter my home and studio for the entirety of the 100 Day Project.  I still need to free up MORE space for more creativity.

Here's my progress for Week Nine from all around the house, studio and garage:

32 balls of yarn donated
12 balls of yarn gifted




But, WAIT, there's more...

Another trip through the closet turned up the following items:

1 tote bag
2 prs. pants
1 dress
1 flat sheet (without a mate)

Week 9 Total: 49/100


Updated Project Total:  195/100

When I realized how close I was to 200, I decided to take another wander around the studio and found the following items that could go:

1 gift bag
1 sticky ink pen
1 bottle of smelly paint
1 empty bottle of hand sanitizer left sitting on the counter for weeks
1  FQ of fabric that I will never choose to use

Additional Items: 5/100

Revised Project Total:  200/100!!!

Thank you to those of you who encouraged me in my decluttering efforts last week!  I appreciate your kind comments and your willingness to cheer me along!  Kathleen @ Kathleen McMusing had the following to say:

Hooray. Just pulled 2 sets of sheets and a set of towels for the recycling pile! Congrats on your decluttering - its commendable!


This was my response:
  1. That's a great start, Kathleen, because every little bit helps!  I know you just had a big clean out at the apartment, but there's always more to part with, isn't there?

Nann @ With Strings Attached reported with the following:

  1. I have two boxes of stuff to take to the church rummage sale.

To which I replied:
  1. Excellent, Nann!  I'm glad you were able to gather that much stuff for a worthy cause.  The question is... Can you see a difference in the space where the items have been removed?  In my case, the answer is usually a resounding NO!!!  That just means I'll need to head back to that area for another pass, which is what I plan to do with my closet over the weekend.

I'm thrilled to report...

I managed to follow through with another pass through my closet over the weekend, but I didn't get rid of as many items as I had hoped.  Come back next week to see what goes in the box during the next 7 days.  While my main goal in the coming week is to focus my efforts in the studio, I may wander through the clothes again and part with a few more items.

@dothe100dayproject
#The100DayProject
#DoThe100DayProject
#100Days100Things_TheDeclutterEdition
#100Days100ThingsDecluttered
#filltheboxjoy

You can follow me on Instagram @thejoyfulquilter.

Until next time...
Do the 100 Day Project!!!

7 comments:

  1. Are YOU decluttering, too? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job - you are now at 200% and going for more!!! I am decluttering too. I have cleaned basement shelves that house kitchen stuff. I thought it was time to get rid of the egg beater and much more. Before heading to thrift shop, I'll make a sweep through a couple of closets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's major decluttering this week. I'm impressed. Look at you go! I'm ashamed to say I'm kind of a slacker lately but I'll get back on the bandwagon, I promise. Kudos to you, girl. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been decluttering forever, but there's still too much stuff. I just took some items to one of the local churches for their rummage sale. Made a third pass through the mugs and elimated some more of them. After all, how many mugs can one person use. Many of them were gifts and decorated with iris. Everyone knows I love iris, so the kids were always gifting me iris mugs.
    I've also been steadily working through all the stuff my husband had collected. It's clear he was somewhat of a hoarder. There were more empty boxes in the attic, in every imaginable size. it never ends, does it?
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on reaching the 200!! Onward to the next 100 items out of the house. I have another empty box ready by the office desk - and will work on filling it for the next donation. Every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Joy. Every little bit is a miracle for someone else! We just packed up the corelle dishes that came with the cottage and they and a few random mugs go to the essentials pantry in Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowsa! How impressive! It's wonderful that you're making such progress. We're all at different life stages, and I know that there's no way I could come up with so many things to donate or gift. I pared down a dozen years ago, and have - for the most part - continued to do so over the years. If pressed, I think I can account for everything in my sewing room - why I have it, and why I still need it. But I think it's truly wonderful that you're doing what you're doing. Keep up the great work! By the way, I didn't win the "ugly fabric" challenge at our quilt guild meeting. Funnily, one person submitted a piece of solid white fabric - the most ugly fabric out there, by her way of thinking. :-) A truly ugly brown print won the competition... and I completely agree about the color brown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.