Thursday, April 11, 2024

Wonderful Wednesday - The Happy Mail Journal

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  I'm here to share my latest journal. It came about as a result of The 100 Day Project.  Another post with scheduling difficulties.  (It was THAT kind of week this week.)

Did YOU predict this might happen???

I've been wanting to make a Happy Mail Journal for quite some time and the mailers in yesterday's #100Days100ThingsDecluttered felt like just the right thing to use:


I put it together on Thursday afternoon and decorated the cover during my Weekly Evening Art Hangout on Friday night.  The thought dropping them in the recycling bin seemed like a cruel thing to do with the mailers shown below - the very same ones I shared with you in yesterday's 100 Day Challenge post:


Whether out with the recycling or upcycled into a new journal, this was a HUGE win for me!

Why is that, Joyful???

The reason is quite simple.  You see, I tend to be a bit sentimental about certain items.  I felt overly attached to these mailers because I had been saving them since the very beginning of the (Ravelry) UFO Club in 2010.  My fat quarter rewards for completed project arrived in them.  For a while, they held the FQs and accompanying notes of congratulations and thanks for organizing The Club.  Once I added the FQs into my stash, I saved the envelopes for reuse.  Obviously, I never did that (until now!)  It was definitely time to do something with them because they have been taking up valuable drawer space for far too long.

And that...

Is the rest of the story.  Of course, if you read to the bottom of Saturday's post, this wasn't much of a surprise.  I blame it on the pollen haze that we are currently living under.  I completely forgot that I shared it already.  End of story.  Really.

Until next time...
I'm practicing CREATIVE decluttering!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.