Wednesday, April 24, 2024

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 52 - Jane's YELLOW Umbrella?!

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s)!!  I returned home from a trip to New England to find an email from Jane in Australia last week.  She has completed her entry for the April TABLE SCRAPS Challenge.

This is what she wrote...

Hi Joy,
A block is a finished item if that is what is requested yes?

In 1975 the United Nations designated 8th March as International Women’s Day, with the themes of Equality, Development and Peace. The colours chosen were purple, green and white. A Queensland quilter (probably more than one) has decided to have 50 quilts made by the 50th anniversary of the founding date, and has invited quilters to send in 10 1/2” blocks made with only those colours.




Concerning her entry...

I have several  other blocks ready, but the idea of an umbrella- shelter from the storms of life- seemed appropriate. Obviously I could not include yellow 😢 but more necessary for the block to be correct (and the umbrella handle is a verrry dark green).

I hope this is ok for my Table Scraps entry for this month - they really were all scraps except I cut the white background. Love wandering around the blogosphere but don’t think I will ever dip my actual toes in the actual water - thanks for posting for me.
Jane in Australia.🇦🇺

Give Jane some quilty love in the comments below.  I'm pleased to share the creative way she incorporated this month's challenge into a donation block for her entry.  I know that you enjoy seeing her work as much as I do!  Thank you for sending a photo for the blog, Jane.  I'm thrilled to post your projects (and anyone else's without a blog.)  They serve to inspire others to USE their scraps that we quilters continue to accumulate!

Link Party REMINDER...

The April 2024 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party will be opening on  Friday, April 26th @ 12:01 AM.  I hope that YOU will join in the scrappy fun!  You haven't started sewing yet?  No worries.  Small projects are quick to make and entries can be added until Wednesday, May 1st.

Until next time...
USE those (table) SCRAPS!!!

3 comments:

  1. The umbrella quilt is darling! I love the fabrics you chose AND that you chose an umbrella. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great block! Love the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colors of the British suffrage movement. Purple/green/white -- also Green/White/Violet = Give Women the Vote. Nice umbrella!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.