Saturday, April 6, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 14

Welcome to Week 14 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's THAT week.  The first week of each quarter is a heavier posting time for me.  I hope you don't mind.  As usual, I've provided links, in case you missed something and are curious about what that might be.

Let's take a look at what's going on in JoyfulQuilterLand...


Happy Easter to all who celebrate!!  My holiday included attending the Weekly Morning Art Zoom, where I worked on this journal spread:


After lunch, I enjoyed chatting with Knittingsuek during our Weekly Zoom session:



Worked and came home to find that the "space invaders" are approaching:


I'm just thankful that they started with the third lot to give me time to get used to the reality.

New week.  New month.  New Color of the month.  I'll be playing with my YELLOW scraps:


April Fools Day provided some tricks where my gaming was concerned.  All the words were backwards in one...


While all the words were presented as pictures with some blank spaces thrown in for good measure in another:



Work was followed by a quick tidy-up, as I needed to post this week's progress for The 100 Day Project.


I'm back to my "regular" mid-week weekend.  I'm still not sure why last week was different!  I worked on random projects (like laundry and cleaning the bathroom) until it was time to Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - Weekly Quilt Bee???  Nope!  I missed it because today was the only day that my friend Hilary was available to meet for breakfast, where she kindly gifted me with a prototype of the knitting bag that will soon be available for purchase:


I came home to find framing being done on the house next door:


FRIDAY - Weekly Knit Group didn't happen for me today, but we're going to have some BIG fun when I next attend.  Just LOOK at the two ENORMOUS bags of yarn my friend Carol passed along from a friend of hers who was clearing out:


I came home to this view out my studio window.  Progress - and a really odd design:


After dinner, I headed upstairs for my Weekly Evening Art Zoom where I worked on a new journal made from REALLY OLD mailing envelopes.  If you can believe it, these were received way back in 2010 and 2011.  I kept them thinking I would reuse them... And now I have:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

7 comments:

  1. Strange, my Connections on Monday had all the blocks with pictures - no spaces? I didn't figure it out... but I did a few times this week! That is a strange house design. Hope you get some crafting time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at how fast those new houses are going up. Another busy busy week for you. I'm looking forward to what you do with that interesting pile of yellow scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never even "connected" that the strange version of Connections happened on April Fool's Day! Now it makes sense! I like that game - sometimes I get it, but many times I don't. Interesting to watch the building progress out your window. Have fun with those yellow scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New houses do grow at a ridiculous rate but as you say the design looks strange. I didn't play any games on April 1st so didn't spot anything odd which is a shame. I love the pranks companies play sometimes on All fools Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn’t play connections on April 1! I wonder how I would have done? Every now and then I forget to play Wordle! Your neighborhood is growing quickly! It will be different than all the open space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of yellow scraps to play with! Wonder what you have in mind? :) Your neighborhood is growing fast. Hope you'll get nice neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zoom with other quilters would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.