Sunday, March 31, 2024

Sew Some Love Sunday - Covered in Love - Potato Chip Block Drive

Welcome to another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  It's been quite some time since the last post in this series.  I'm writing to let you know about an opportunity shared by one of the blogs I follow.

Read on to find out more...

Kat @ Kat and Cat Quilts Covered in Love often offers a quarterly Block Drive.  She announced the Spring Block Drive in this week's blog post HERE.  In that post, Kat showed a couple of quilts recently dropped off for donation.

Here is the block that I made yesterday based on the farmhouse vibe requested:


Thank you, Kat!  I have been waiting for a for a reason to try this block.  I dove into my 2 - 2 7/8" scrap drawer and chose the appropriate colors and sized scraps.  The instructions are thorough.  The block layout is very easy and the block goes together quickly:


I am thrilled to have used some scrap fabrics for a good cause.  If YOU have some scraps that fit the theme, I'm sure that Kat would LOVE for you to make a block or two ( or ten!)

Update...

If you want to use bigger pieces and make a quilt instead of a block, check out super cool video by Sew, Yeah on YouTube using 6.5" x 12.5" pieces or check out Stephanie's video @ Quilting with Stephanie's Stitches HERE for a 60" x 72" quilt.  You might want to check with Kat before you send it off to her, as I can't recall the finished size she likes for the hospitals served by her charity.

Until next time...
SEW some love!!

4 comments:

  1. Neat block and looks like a great use for scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun block to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't sent any blocks to their drive in a couple of years, but I may have to do some this time. I've made a bunch of the Potato Chip blocks thanks to a challenge in our Sew Vintage group locally. They are kind of addictive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.