Saturday, March 16, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 11

Welcome to Week 11 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week is going to be a crapshoot.  Pardon my language, but I've developed a cough and it's not showing signs of stopping anytime soon.  There are a variety of items on my agenda.  We'll see how it goes.

Keep reading to find out more...

SUNDAY - ProjectQUILTING

I was feeling the effects of the coming season.  Be sure to follow the link provided to see what became of the cheerful binding shown below:


The following page for the Get Messy Season of Growth was made during this morning's Weekly Morning Art Zoom hangout using a bit of magazine image, bits of paint peeled off my brayer, along with a scrap of fabric:


This afternoon, I spent some time chatting with Knittingsuek during our weekly Zoom session:


MONDAY - Work

My desk is decorated for PURPLE month:


TUESDAY - Tidy Up Tuesday

Work

For those of you who enjoy seeing what's hanging from the gallery wire each month (Hi, Dorothy!), here is half of the display:


WEDNESDAY - I've got another mid-week "weekend" this week.  Today, I put the finishing touches on this journal page from Monday's lesson at Get Messy.  There are so many layers that I almost don't recognize it as my own journal spread, but here it is in my current Altered Book Journal:


I also got a jump on my PURPLE project for the RSC:


And then...

I enjoyed my weekly Zoom session with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - I had really hoped to visit with my Weekly Quilt Group friends, but I don't want to give anyone my cough, providing it's NOT just allergies.  Sigh... I'm not coughing all the time, but when I do, it sounds terrible.  (Thank you, asthma!)

The other half of the gallery wire was shared in Tuesday's entry.  These two quilts remained:


FRIDAY - Knit Group?  Nope!  I was scheduled for the early shift at work today.  That doesn't leave enough time to slot in a visit with my knitting friends.  :o((

Judy was interested in seeing how my PURPLE page came out last week.  Here it is completed.  This journal spread was shared in Get Messy's weekly email update:


(Since we opted out of an Art Day tomorrow because of my cough)  Britt and I stayed on the call to chat for a while after our Weekly Evening Art Zoom was over:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Happy International Quilting Day!!!

I'm of to cut those PURPLE fabrics that were pressed on Wednesday.  Here's hoping you have a wonderful day at your sewing machine or with your quilting friends.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

7 comments:

  1. Hope that cough goes away soon! I like how you hang your little art quilts for display. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the cough gets better and goes away. We have tons of yellow pollen out down here so the boys are miserable. Love all the purples.... which reminds me I need to think about the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love changing out the quilty things for the month/season! Hope your cough doesn't last too long - those are never fun. Looking forward to seeing what you make with your purple scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cough.... hope it stops soon
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cheerful binding and your new jacket. I hope you feel better soon. Do take care! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that cough goes away soon. When I'm overworked and tired I cough for no apparent reason. Maybe a sleep-in Sunday morning would do you good. Or a hot bath with eucalyptus oil. Anywho! Sending some good, healing energy your way. ;^)
    P.S. Love your art gallery on a wire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending healing vibes. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.