Saturday, March 30, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 13

Welcome to Week 13 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week is fairly full.  You might expect the normal weekly things and the usual "month end" activities, but WAIT, there's MORE!

Read on to find out what kept me busy...

SUNDAY - ProjectQUILTING

I began the day with my Weekly Morning Art Zoom:


After lunch I spent some time chatting with Knittingsuek during our weekly Zoom call.  On the neighborhood front, the foundations are set on the first 4 houses and framing materials have been delivered:


MONDAY - Work


If you haven't heard the news...

Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of that post!!

Now, about today...

This week's "Mid-Week Weekend" started early.  I ended up with a very full day on my "day off"!  I met Tracy for knitting...


Who gifted me with this old typewriter that I'm looking forward to using for my journals:


Shopping resulted in the following purchases for an upcoming family event:


After a quick lunch...

I was introduced to this beauty:


WEDNESDAY - I was off work again today and hoped to finish up a PURPLE scrap sewing project...


But looked forward to my weekly Zoom call with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - Work

This was the view out the studio window, as the framing of the first house is going up:


I was only home for a short while before heading out to my Monthly Evening Quilt Bee, where I shared this week's paper quilting:



Work, so there was no Knit Group for me.  :o((

I made a quick stop at the grocery on my way home and once again thanked my lucky stars that the construction workers didn't start out with the house right next door:


After dinner I enjoyed my Weekly Evening Art Zoom.  I added collage bits to my Get Messy Art Journal and cut a food package into the base for a new junk journal:


Britt and I stayed after to chat for a while, but the phone was charging so I managed to capture a really strange angled photo AND move the phone while attempting it:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  Personally, I'm anxious to see if the Color of the Month for April has been revealed!

UPDATE!!!

The Color of the Month for April is...

YELLOW!!!

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy and fun week! Won't you have fun playing with that vintage typewriter?! My parents had one like that - I typed many college papers on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you manage to keep up with such a busy schedule? Wow! The vintage typewriter is going to be fun to use. Yellow and umbrellas for April - made me chuckle because I finished the perfect project for that combination - a couple months ago. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll be watching to see what you do with the toffee box art journal! I’m intrigued ! And that vintage typewriter will be fun. I thought you might be too young to know how to use a typewriter! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the old typewriter. When I took typing in 10th grade, we had 6 brand new electric typewriters that each student got to spend a few weeks with. Most of our year was using the old manual ones. We must have had strong fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journal page. The vintage typewriter - I am so excited for you!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actor Tom Hanks is a big fan of vintage/manual typewriters. I remember when an electric typewriter was a very big deal. My college portable was a manual Smith-Corona that I used for years after I graduated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun week. We are watching way too many houses being built up along our route to the kids school. I miss the open pastures and the wooded lots that have been cleared. Hope this week is a fun one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.