Saturday, March 9, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 10

Welcome to Week 10 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week is an "ON" week for ProjectQUILTING.  There are a few artsy things on tap, as well.  Will PURPLE fabric scraps play a part?

Read on to see the ebb and flow of my week...

SUNDAY - My week began like many others.  While arting with my friends at Get Messy, I worked on a new collage using the words and images below...


And once that was done, I added another layer to a page in my NEW Get Messy Art Journal:


After lunch, I visited with Knittingsuek for a while:


MONDAY - Work...

Was followed by some decision making about my latest project:


Forgive the late-night photo, please. The background is white.

TUESDAY - Tidy Up Tuesday

Work was followed by a bit of quilting:


WEDNESDAY - It was a Wonderful Wednesday, but there's no post.  Today was my day off.  I had an art class in the morning and more quilting to do in the midday.  The afternoon was spent catching up with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color during our weekly Zoom call:


THURSDAY - I had hoped to visit with my Weekly Quilt Bee friends, but I was up half the night and wasn't able to attend.  It was a lucky thing that I wasn't scheduled to work today.  Here's a clue as to just how bad I felt... I took an afternoon nap AND fell asleep watching an art journaling video at 8:30 PM!

FRIDAY - Another day off work, but did I go to Knit Group?? Not today!  The knitters are going to Carolina Fiber Fest.  I had things to take care of at home (and really didn't need the lure of new yarn.)


If YOU have been waiting for a neighborhood update, the first 4 lots now have the plumbing rough-in complete and additional building tasks are sure to follow:


At tonight's Get Messy art hangout, I started a new page in my Altered Book Journal:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

I've been doing some Secret Sewing this week, including a scrap of hand-dyed PURPLE fabric and this lovely floral from my stash:


If you are curious, stop back tomorrow to see what has become of them.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better, Joy! That’s quite the purple page in your Altered Book Journal! I’ll be watching for more on that one, and also your secret sewing! Best of luck on all fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Arnold said, "I'll be back!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy week you have had. Every time I read your posts I think I need to get back to mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your neighborhood photo is funny to me. It's weird to see the plumbing pipes just sitting on the ground. Around here, we know a house is going up because of the big hole in the ground with cement walls. Every house has a basement. In your region, basements are an option.
    Looking forward to seeing your new project. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.