Saturday, March 2, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 9

Welcome to Week 9 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's transition week for the RSC Quilters.  We're all waiting for Angela to let us in on her little secret of what color scraps we'll be digging into during the month of March.  On a personal level, it should be a moderately calm week.  There are a few regularly scheduled events on the calendar, as well as on previously postponed class.  It's an "off" week for ProjectQUILTING, so that should allow time for almost anything I'd like to do.  Some decluttering and some art-ing, too?  I may even have time for some quilting!

Read on to see how the week progressed...

SUNDAY - The day began with my Weekly Morning Art Zoom where I enjoyed creating the following prompt-free page to use some new-to-me supplies:


After lunch, it was time for my Weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek:


This evening, I worked on sewing pairs of strips together for my RED donation quilt for my 2024 Rainbow Scrap Challenge project:



Work

This pile of completed rows sits waiting for pressing:



The next step in the making of my RED donation quilt top was to sew pairs of rows:


WEDNESDAY - Wonderful Wednesday

Before heading off to work, I started on the following page during this morning's (previously postponed) Caylee and The Journal class at Get Messy:


After work, I headed straight home for my weekly Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


I was pleased to share my big RED donation quilt top...


~ 45 x 48

Along with the smaller one that I made at the same time using Jasmine's calculations for her Race Quilt Variations, modified to suit my way of making the finished size I want:


~ 45 x 45


Before work, I decided to begin working on this Leap Day art page:


After work I attended my Monthly Evening Quilt Bee meeting.  Here's me with my February mini quilts, but I got no group photo:


When I got home, I discovered that my NEW Get Messy Art Journal had arrived:


FRIDAY - Day Off!!!

I started the day with a relaxed visit with my Knit Group friends:


I checked several times, but sometime during the late afternoon LeeAnna emailed that Angela announced the Color of the Month for March:

    PURPLE

After dinner, I worked on my new journal during tonight's Weekly Evening Art Zoom:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  It will be interesting to see how many people have already started on their PURPLE scraps for March.  Here are the scraps that I have to work with during the month:



Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

Joining Alycia
for

4 comments:

  1. Your red top for the donation is wonderful - strong and vibrant! I'm ready to play with some purple scraps now, too. Hope you get to dig into that purple bin today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on a jelly roll quilt, and with lots of yummy red, too! Nice mini quilts. I wonder what wonderful purple scraps will come out of your bin to play this month? It will be fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good week! I really like the red quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.