Saturday, March 23, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 12

Welcome to Week 12 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!
Thanks to those of you who offered well wishes last week!  The cough seems to be much improved.  Lucky thing, too!  This week is jam packed with things to do, places to go, and people to see.

Read on to discover what items were on my agenda...

SUNDAY - Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I had fun creating this background in advance of today's holiday...


These few collaged elements completed the journal spread.  Suggestions, anyone?  Looking at it now, it seems as if it could use a few enhancements:


The following journal page was made with assistance of the Roll the Dice game during this morning's Weekly Morning Art Zoom hangout using the following prompts; transparent, floral, water soluble, something found (which I inadvertently neglected to use), and watercolor for Round 1:


Round 2 used these prompts; markers, pastels, stencil, gel plate print (Thanks, Britt!), and make collage fodder - which I apparently traded for the "something found" prompt that I missed during Round 1, as I don't tend to make collage fodder:


This afternoon, I spent some time chatting with Knittingsuek during our weekly Zoom session:


MONDAY - Work

I ran SEVEN (7) errands between work and meeting Britt for dinner!!  (Seven errands in 2 hours is pretty impressive, even by my standards.)  We enjoyed a short visit before heading off to our Monthly Quilt Guild meeting.  Afterwards, there was one more errand before making my way home.


Work

Today, I went straight home to get busy on this week's ProjectQUILTING challenge.  Well, that was the plan, but what I did instead was check the mail, make a cup of tea, and sit on the couch catching up on emails and writing an outline for this post.  Sigh... I guess I was just TOO productive yesterday and needed to make up for it this afternoon!

By the way...

Happy 1st Day of SPRING!!!  Spring brings new GROWTH!!  :o))


I've got another mid-week "weekend" this week.  Today, I finally got around to creating a journal page from Monday's lesson at Get Messy.

I also cut the rows for my PURPLE project for the RSC out of this mess of joined and pressed fabric strips:


And then...

I worked on assembling a PURPLE quilt top:


I enjoyed my weekly Zoom session with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - I ventured off for a visit with my Weekly Quilt Group friends.  What fun!  I shared this mug rug made of scraps from my Wearables challenge entry a couple weeks ago:


This afternoon I was thrilled to be able to participate in Traci's Winging It hangout on Get Messy.  We were playing with Seed Packet zines bases on what we want to grow in our art or in our lives:


FRIDAY - Knit Group?  Nope!  I was scheduled for the early shift at work AGAIN today.  That doesn't leave enough time to slot in a visit with my knitting friends.  :o((

At this evenings TGI(A)W hangout with my Get Messy friends, I worked on finishing up my response of @janethecrazy's Mindless Playfulness class:



SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

I was late posting because of an early class at Get Messy.  Jane and the Season of Growth was more of a process demo and I worked on the following "paint off" page this morning...


Afterward...

I went to Britt's house for an ARTventure Day:


A good time was had by all.  :o))
Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

Sharing with Alycia
for

5 comments:

  1. You sound like you went through the week at warp speed! Glad you got a chance to sit down and relax for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are ok and just too busy arting! You sure did have a busy week. I think you need to schedule more tea times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had lots of Art-ventures this week! I really like the journal page with the flower and watering cans, and that mug rug, too. Looking forward to seeing what you're making with purple scraps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Project Quilting weeks are always a bit on the crazy side. Plus for you, work, and Art-ing!! Glad to you got to stop for a bit of R&R and a cup of tea. I sure enjoy seeing the colorful art that happens when you Get Meesy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were all healed up for your amazing week. The seed packets sound like a fun idea. and perfect for even planning what you want to grow in your gardens!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.