Tuesday, March 26, 2024

The 100 Day Project - #100Days100ItemsDecluttered - Week 5

Welcome to Week 5 of the #100Days100ThingsDecluttered new mini-series here on The Joyful Quilter!!  I started The 100 Day Project on February 18th.  I'm still shocked that I finally committed to it.  It's particularly popular on Instagram.  I have been hesitant to participate before now.  I'll be releasing weekly updates for those of you who might be interested in seeing what goes out the door.

What's your project, again, Joyful???

I signed up with a different idea in mind than most.  You can read about it HERE.  That link will tell you all about my project.

The gist of my focus...

Decluttering my home and studio in an effort to free up space for MORE creativity.

Here's my progress for Week Five from all around the house, studio and garage:

1 clock
9 quilting fat quarters
3 (ancient) lipsticks
1 pkg applique pins
9 kitchen utensils
3 plastic bottles
1 nail file
4 pkgs. buttons
1 glue stick that I finally scooped all the glue out of
4 Halloween mini party lamps

Week 5 Total: 36/100

Updated Project Total: 100/100!!!


Thank you to those of you who encouraged me in my decluttering efforts last week!  I appreciate your kind comments and your willingness to cheer me along!  Sara @ My Sewing Room blog left the following report:

I'm getting a big kick out of your decluttering progress - and you've inspired me too. And I've been keeping a list. This morning I cleared out 2 Christmas wreaths, 4 kids puzzles, and a whole bag full of clothes I don't wear anymore. They are going to Good Will right after my haircut.

Here was my response:

That's AWESOME news, Sara!! Glad to hear that you are jumping on the declutter train!

Good luck in adding items to your list, Sara!!

Come back next week to see what goes in the box during the next 7 days.  In the interim, you can see the progress that Chantal is making HERE.  Find the story about halfway down the page in the section titled Decluttering With Joy.  :o))

@dothe100dayproject
#The100DayProject
#DoThe100DayProject
#100Days100Things_TheDeclutterEdition
#100Days100ThingsDecluttered
#filltheboxjoy

You can follow me on Instagram @thejoyfulquilter.

Until next time...
Do the 100 Day Project!!!

5 comments:

  1. You're doing very well with this challenge. Bravo! Well done to Sara too.
    Have a great decluttering week, ladies. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!! So - does the set of 8 stoneware dinner plates I pulled out of the china cabinet count as 1 item or 8? LOL I'm nowhere near 100 items yet, but feeling good about the things I have purged so far. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had going through my clothes since I retired. That was fall of 2019. I finally got a start last week. I didn't bag up as much as I'd hoped, but it's a start. There's a bit more room on the closet shelves and at least what's there is now in nice folded stacks. I'll get there, not in 100 days 100 items fashion, but it will get done. Then on to...some other category (makeup? hair accessories?) or location (bathroom? kitchen?)
    You are doing fantastic on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done really well. I did a little sleuthing... and turns out the county has been buying up houses along our road so now I really need to declutter as the clock is ticking! I guess I'll be joining in to the big declutter before having to pack to move. I see a big yard sale in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo! You made 100 and now you will go further! I always knew you were an overachiever. I'm so glad you decided to do the challenge and are inspiring others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.