Saturday, April 20, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 16

Welcome to Week 16 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Well, it was another week that passed in a blur.  I was hoping for a little sewing.  Do YOU think that will happen???

Read on to have a snapshot of my days...

SUNDAY - We were in New England for a family wedding over the weekend.  This morning's festivities included a Farewell Brunch and was followed by...


Doing a portion of the local Cliff Walk: 


While all appears calm in the photo below...


Only moments later the wind was whipping and the waves were crashing on the rocks:


I was glad that my hair was pulled back, but I was wishing for a hat and scarf...


As we enjoyed stretching our legs before the 4-hour car ride back to my BIL's house:


MONDAY - Hanging out with the relatives, I found there is a "Cab" that I can actually tolerate.  This Josh wine is fruit forward with a not so very dry finish:



We're home and the neighborhood grew while we were away!  A new house is up and another is in process:

 
WEDNESDAY - Work

After a quick stop at the store on my way home, I threw the deli items in the fridge and headed up to Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


After dinner, I enjoyed working on my (adapted) Flower Flow Taster Week class project:


THURSDAY - Work was a bit slow so I decided to turn this photo from Sunday's Cliff Walk...


Into a drawing in my little travel journal:


After work I raced home to attend the Winging It hangout at Get Messy.  We were encouraged to make a list of things that fill us with a sense of wonder or that we find wondrous.  I skipped the list and went right to my favorite collage source, pulling pictures of the sea, the sky, the sunshine, along with flowers and trees.  Nature in all her glory:


FRIDAY - Knit Group was small, but that was ok:


It left more choices for the two who were there for Part One of the "Yarn Party" thanks to my friend Carol.  I will say, neither of these two took enough home with them!  The bulk of these two bags remained in my possession:


Before dinner, I arranged the bouquet of flowers drawn in @lalymille's Flower Flow Taster Week class...


Then glued everything down, added some words and a bit of color:


After dinner, I enjoyed my regular Weekly Evening Art Zoom.  I don't have anything to show for it, as all I did was add a few collage bits and some paint to my Get Messy Art Journal.

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I'm looking forward to visiting with Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I missed everyone when I was away last weekend.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend away. Hope you get to do something fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cliff walk... love, and good sketch of it. Your laly artwork is so much better than mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your neighborhood is really changing. Glad you were able to enjoy the family wedding and festivities. The cliff walk looks like fun albeit windy! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.