Thursday, February 24, 2022

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 29 - Cindy J. Sews Improv

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s)!!  I've got a treat for you today.  A new quilter has joined the challenge.  I was SEW pleased when I received the following email this afternoon:

Hi Joy,
I’m Cindy J., Lee Anna’s (Not Afraid of Color) friend. I decided to do the Table Scraps challenge but am not a blogger or on Instagram so I am emailing a picture of my project for February. Thanks for hosting the challenge.



My response...

Awesome, Cindy! Thanks for joining in. If you will write a few words about your project, I will do a Guest Blogger post for you. Who it's for, intended use, your motivation, or a snippet about your process. Anything you'd like to share, really.

Is improv in your wheelhouse? What kind of quilts do you make most often?


Her reply...

This was actually my first improv quilt but I’ve been heading in that direction in my beading and embroidery pursuits. The fabric I used had been cut for another project and had been in my UFO box for years.  I decided to jump into the challenge because I’ve been intending to make more seasonal table runners and mats and sometimes a deadline is good.


Give Cindy's project some quilty love in the comments below.  I know that you enjoyed seeing her lovely IMPROV runner made right out of her UFO box.  I certainly did!  Thank you for sending a photo for the blog, Cindy.  I'm SEW pleased to post your project so that others may be inspired to try something new, too!

Link Party REMINDER...

The February 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party starts on Friday, February 25th @ 12:01 AM and closes on MONDAY, February 28th @ 11:59 PM.  At this posting, you have the entire weekend to start your own AQUA/TEAL and/or IMPROV project.  I hope that YOU will join in the scrappy fun!

NOTE:  The Color of the Month will be added when it becomes available.  Check in with Angela @ So Scrappy, if you don't see it HERE by the first Saturday of the month.

Until next time...
SEW those table scraps!!!

7 comments:

  1. I love your guest blogger posts! It’s fun to see those you’ve inspired and Cindy’s improv runner is great, especially with the border fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a great improve piece! Thanks Joy for doing the Guest Blogger posts! I hope. Cindy will continue to participate in your Table Scraps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Cindy. Always fun to use up those leftovers. Looking forward to seeing more from you.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun to see this here! And congrats for using up some scraps in a new to you way! Cindy is my friend and does fab beading and embroidery as well as quilting... well she does everything well!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the improv layout and the colors are great together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very pretty! I like the pops red/pink with the greens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, Cindy! I think you've got the improv thing down!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.