Sunday, February 13, 2022

(Not So...) Mini Monday - SAHRR22 - Round 4


Welcome to this week's edition of (Not so) Mini Monday... a little bit early!!  The timing of the SAHRR requires that I link up each round's progress no later than Sunday night or else link the previous week's progress in the link for the current round.  Monday is release day for each new round and its accompanying Link Party.  Does that make sense?

This...

... Is how I "completed" the Round THREE prompt of my 2022 SAHRR:



I took a pass....

Instead of actually finishing Round Three, I took the indecisive way out.  Opting to wait and see what came next was perhaps not the BEST idea, but there was a Project QUILTING challenge entry going on last week, as well.  SOMETHING had to give!

What's cooking for this week, Joyful???

Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life called for Signature blocks.  An unconventional choice, for sure!

Here's my immediate reaction to that...

Hmm...  What can I do with those to fit my theme???

Think.  Think.  Think!!!

It didn't take long for my brain to kick into high gear and (thankfully) come up with a fun solution.

How will you proceed, Joyful???

I started out this week with...




... One lone Wonky Star block.  Not attached to anything.  When my DH gets around to changing the lighting in the studio, I'm hoping that my photos will turn out better than the one above.


First...

I need to make some Signature blocks.

But...

(For me) It ALWAYS begins with the scraps:


These are the scraps I chose for this week's prompt...

The red ones:


And...

The pink ones:


Next...

I cut the necessary background squares and stitched up the blocks during today's (Virtual) Sew Day:



Then...

All that was left was to trim and arrange them into a border:


Oh!  Did I forget to mention that they needed to be assembled into hugs and kisses first???  Well, they did:



But WHERE will you place the blocks, Joyful???

Almost there!  Be patient.  I had a little more work to do.  It included choosing a few more scraps...


... For another Wonky Star to go with the one I made in Round 3:



Then came the arranging...





What do YOU think???

I nearly completed the Round FOUR prompt of my 2022 SAHRR:



I'm happy to almost be caught up and anxious to see what comes next.  It was fun to do something a bit different (for me.)  Wrapping the blocks around the corner isn't something I did for last year's SAHRR.

Dinner and baking a cheesecake for Valentine's Day prevented further progress.  Tune in next week for a look at my combined rounds.  I plan to cut the filler pieces after work tomorrow.

Don't laugh!  It MIGHT happen.  :P

Until next time...
Sew aROUND!!!

11 comments:

  1. Well, that sure looks cute!! Good on you for (almost) catching up. I know how hard it is when you’re working. And then this is Super Bowl weekend, which only matters if you’ve got a houseful of men, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hugs and kisses were a lovely addition. I always have trouble with wonky stars (or wonky anything for that matter). Something in my brain tries to adjust things to straighten them out.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea for signature blocks that fit the theme of your SAHRR! I like them in opposite corners like that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative ways to use the two prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever use of the signature blocks! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking outside the box again! The X’s and O’s are a great addition to your block! 👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am liking your fun Valentine mini!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way this is working. I know when it comes together that is such a great feeling and you can see it in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wonky star. Think I may have some connection!🥰

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.