Sunday, February 6, 2022

(Not so) Mini Monday - SAHRR22 - Round 3

Welcome to this week's edition of (Not so) Mini Monday... a little bit early!!  The timing of the SAHRR requires that I link up each round's progress no later than Sunday night or else link the previous week's progress in the link for the current round.  Monday is release day for each new round and its accompanying Link Party.  Does that make sense?

What's on tap for this week, Joyful???

Roseanne and Sue @ Home Sewn By Us proposed Wonky Stars.

Here's my immediate reaction to that...

Love is in the Stars.  I've GOT this!!

It took a while to let my ideas marinate, as there are other projects on the go.  (Can you say Project QUILTING and it's kitchen theme?) 

I started out this week with:



When my DH gets around to changing the lighting in the studio, I'm hoping that my photos will turn out better than the one above.


First...

I wondered about adding...


Here's a closer look at the scraps I selected:


Next...

I cut the necessary background squares...



... And sewed up the components:



Then...

All that was left was to stitch them into a block...



But WHERE will you place the block, Joyful???

That's a good question!  I took photos of the block in each corner of my growing project.  Below, you will see what I saw as I positioned the block to determine what looked best...

Top LEFT:


Top RIGHT:


Bottom RIGHT:


Bottom LEFT:



I'm sure some of  you have strong opinions one way or another.

Here...

... Is how I completed the Round THREE prompt of my 2022 SAHRR:



I have opted for waiting to see what comes next.  Yet another NEW thing for me during this edition of the Stay at Home Round Robin.  Tune in next week for another update.

Dang!!  All that (finished early, no less) and I missed the LINK PARTY!!!  :o((

Until next time...
Sew aROUND!!!

8 comments:

  1. Cute star! It will be interesting to combine it with the signature blocks. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made my stars, but not attached them yet either, until I could see what the next border was. So you're not alone, Joy! Meanwhile, those pinks and reds are pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress. I am so conflicted about doing mine, but I will get to it. There is time at the end of this week, and now to check out today's instruction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! You missed the linky party! I hate when that happens. Well, why not make more stars if you missed the party? I mean, what bad can come out of it? Just saying. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.