Friday, February 18, 2022

Design Floor Friday - (Virtual) Sew Day Edition

Welcome to a new edition of Design Floor Friday!!  It's been QUITE some time since I've released a post in this series.  Honestly, this might better be called Design TABLE Friday or Design WALL Friday.  Oh, well... Design Floor, it is.

What is this about Joyful???

I'm here with a look at the (Virtual) Sew Day that I shared with my friends last weekend:



Britt...


Made green sub-units for her UnBegun Challenge:


As we talked, I reminded her that she had a darker quilt waiting to be quilted for her bed:


She was amused to find that it was also made of Hourglass blocks:


Britt was pleased to complete these blocks for her green round:


Helena showed some of her Color Collective fabrics...


Worked on a quilt inspired by a work of art:


And was pleased to finish getting the quilt top together:


She went on to assemble a few more of her Color Collective blocks:

Photo Currently Unavailable!!

Sue showed off a kit that recently arrived in the mail:


It's not what she had planned to work on today, but plans changed:


Sue reminded Britt that these fabrics would soon be coming to her:


She shared one of the lovely Lenox mugs she got from the local Buy Nothing group:


She did some planning and some sewing before...


Getting frustrated enough by having to move piles around the room before coming up with an easy fix!  This table was in the next room just waiting to be pulled into service:


I was prepared with comfy clothing in the RSC Color of the Month:


My project was Round 4 of the Stay at Home Round Robin:


I sewed:


I cut and (remarkably) even pinned:


Hugs and Kisses were the end result:


Oh!  That and one lone Wonky Star:


Yes, I know you probably heard all about it, but it's what I did.

One last photo before I had to leave to go make an IP Chocolate Cheesecake for our Valentine's dessert the next day.  Four happy, but exhausted quilters:


Until next time...
Quilt til you wilt!!!

7 comments:

  1. What!!!! Chocolate cheesecake!!! Yummy
    Your time sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day with friends. So.... design walls. Made of what? I really need one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see all of the creative juices flowing so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that looks like a fun way to have a sewing bee! I used to go to quilting bees with my grandmother when I was very young. I would love to be able to take my granddaughters on such an outing. But virtual would be a hoot, too. Perhaps I need to do that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun, fun time! That Color Collective quilt is great - it really caught my eye. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time. A lot of great projects going on. Have a great weekend. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day! A virtual day retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.