Saturday, March 30, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 13

Welcome to Week 13 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's been a rather slow week here in Joyful QuilterLand.  You may recall from the end of LAST week that I wasn't feeling well.  Things only got worse!  :o((

SUNDAY - I released a new edition of Sew Some Love Sunday.  It features Nancy of Grace and Peace Quilting, who made 53 quilts for Jack's Basket last year.  Go have a look to see the quilt that made it happen!

The excitement for the day was my trip to Urgent Care (Type A influenza with a touch of bronchitis) and the subsequent trip to the local pharmacy.  :o((

MONDAY - I did a whole lot of nothing.  On Doctor's orders, mind you!  It made for a lazy day in bed and a good time to check out Day One of the All About Strings Blog Hop.

During the waking hours, I was huddled up with the various shades of GREEN included in my Calico Rick Rack quilt:



TUESDAY - More of doing nothing.  I have to say that this is getting a bit tiresome!  FIVE DAYS in bed?  Blech!!!

I did manage to releasd a NEW Tidy Up Tuesday post.  If you like mini quilts, you will NOT want to miss this one!  This is a preview of what you will see.  A Sea GREEN mess on the design floor:



Although, my fever broke in the wee hours of the morning.  Sew... I guess that's an improvement.  Please!  Isn't that an improvement?!

Bonus points for visiting all of the Day TWO participants in the All About Strings Blog Hop.  :o))

WEDNESDAY - Nope!  STILL sick.  Another fever today.

I even had trouble focusing on the posts for Day THREE of the All About Strings Blog Hop!  :o(( 

Linked Up with Kelly for Needle and Thread Thursday  Yes, I am aware that it's NOT yet Thursday, but she always releases her post early and I didn't want to forget!


Being comforted by this Spring GREEN block in Joyous Wonky Stars made by the lovely Nicole Hannah of Handwrought Quilts:


THURSDAY It's Day FOUR and my STOP on the All About Strings Blog Hop today.  Go check it out, if you didn't get a chance to keep up with the Hop.  SEW many wonderful ideas of projects to make!

FRIDAY - Sarah at Confessions for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?  I know that I already linked up with Kelly, but I don't finish a project appropriate for her party very often and there is NO WAY that I would miss linking my TINY Supernova with Sarah!!  After all, she designed the inspiration quilt.

I also linked up with my friend Alycia @ Alycia Quilts - Quilty Girl for her TGIFFriday project celebration.  Same string-y project that I posted for the Blog Hop:



For those of you participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, there's a nice chunky GREEN scrap in that picture just for you!  :o))

SATURDAY - That brings us to the end of another week.  You KNOW what that means, don't you???  It's time to join the RSC Quilters for Angela's LINK PARTY over on her So Scrappy blog!  Head over to see what GREEN goodness was going on while I lay in bed for the better part of  EIGHT days!

The good news is that I believe I "turned a corner" yesterday (at least as far as the flu is concerned.)  Although, the bronchitis seems to be holding on, I am feeling SEW much better.  I may even be able to do some quilting today!

Until then, my Out on an Limb quilt is comforting me:


Thank you to everyone who offered their well wishes in comments to various posts!!  I really appreciated the support you all sent my way.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, Joy, that's awful that you've been so sick! Hope you're back to 100 percent really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you have it rough. This year, the flu is so intense. Mine turned into intestinal flu after a few days of coughing my tonsils out. I hope you are feeling better by now and that you will have a wonderful weekend with some sewing time. Take care. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you really have turned the corner now Joy. The 'flu can be frightful. Keep warm and beat that bronchitis! I love you scrappy thread catcher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better! I also had a low progress week and am trying to finish a green scrap bin before i post my linkup. Lack of quilty time has made me a bit grumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you hopefully have turned a corner. I sent you some info on a podcast - the author reads the book - The Friendship Album 1933 - by Francis O'roarke Dowell. It is addicting... but might be entertaining while you recover. Quilty hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you feel better and hope you will be completely healthy again soon. Even if you haven't been healthy, it looks like you've had a busy week.
    I love your quilt puzzle on the floor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to hear that you are feeling better. Hope you are completely well very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you continue to feel better and better! And better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are finally feeling better. The flu can really knock you down. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you really have turned the corner! Mind how you go, keep warm and drink lots of warm drinks (with turmeric, fresh root ginger and honey)!
    Oh my goodness I sound like one of those spoof comments! But I am a real person, Tee hee!)
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Joy! Your sickness sounds so awful :( I'm glad to hear that you're improving, though. We need your spunky spirit out here in blogland!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.