Saturday, March 9, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 10

Welcome to Week 10 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  The Color of the Month for March was announced last Saturday.  AFTER my post had been released.

In case you missed it, too, the Color of the Month is...



SUNDAY - I dragged myself upstairs and grabbed a quick picture of the prescribed scrap bin:



MONDAY - A rainbow of knitting needles from a field trip to a friend's house:



TUESDAY - Organization 101 from ??? found in a stack of random magazines in a friend's car.  Good advice, but SEW hard to follow:



WEDNESDAY - Stopped by JoAnn Fabric this afternoon to stock up on Warm and Natural quilt batting.  They were having a 40% off SALE and will no longer be carrying this brand.  :o((

Look what bloomed today, along with a show of GREEN for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:



THURSDAY - I searched for MORE fabric scraps in GREEN.  Bingo!  I knew there HAD to be some gallon bags, too:




FRIDAY - Knit Group day and I couldn't be more pleased!  I've made progress on my sweater this week and I was looking forward to finishing the border section.  The only thing left after that will be the I-cord bind off!!!

Oh!  I just MIGHT have painted my nails GREEN:




I've got to get in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge spirit, somehow!!!

SATURDAY - Well, I somehow managed to survive the week.  That brings us to LINK PARTY day over on Angela's So Scrappy blog.  Head over to see what wonderful GREEN sewing awaits.

I'll catch you later!  I'm on my way out the door.  My Quilt Bee is having a Charity Sew Day today.  I know that I'll have a good time, but I will also be looking forward to seeing what the other RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

14 comments:

  1. On no! Joann's is not carrying warm and natural batting anymore? Nooooooo! I usually buy a roll of it after Thanksgiving every 5 years or so! Love the green scraps - so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too bad they're not carrying W&N anymore - I used those 40% off coupons for batting more than once. Most of the time I but it by the yard at Hobby Lobby, though. Love those green nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. finding the scraps is half the battle sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  4. love ALL of the greens! You have a month long bin of possibilities. Quilt On!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have such great photos! Love the knitting needles and the iris (we're only dreaming of flowers blooming here). And there's nothing like piles of green scraps to get inspiration started! Have fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had not heard that JoAnn's wasn't going to carry Warm and Natural batting! Bummer! I'll have to go elsewhere as it is my go to batting!
    That is a plenty of green scraps ~ can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I made an emergency batting run, all the J store near me had was something called Warm and Toasty (or something like that), which I gather is their store brand. Can't believe they're letting go of such a popular brand. It looks like you have enough green pieces that you'll be needing some batting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again this year joy, for passing along the iris photos for me. It is a beautiful standard dwarf bearded iris. I love the blue with the white rim, the yellow beard, and the frilly petals. I miss seeing them here in Wisconsin. If you get anymore in bloom, please send me a photo of them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. it looks like that clump has a lot many more blossoms, so please include those in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So jealous of blooming flowers. My daffodil buds look sort of clenched and shrivelled and the late snow storms may have made the crocuses give up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of green scrappy progress in your future! Love to see blooming flowers, hope we get some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the green nails and can't wait to see the green sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the heads-up about Joann's and batting! Hmm, gonna have to rethink my batting strategy :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you coordinate your nails with the RSC color every month. I am curious what you are going to do with your greens. I seem to have an abundance of ugly gray green stuff that I don't know what to do with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.